Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Pretty sure Tielemans has played the most minutes as an U23 player ever in modern history, or something like that. He's been playing full seasons of 1st team football since he was 16. In a way that's a good thing, but in another way you do have to have some concerns over the long term impact on the body.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep.

Tielemans is a funny one. If we’d been linked 12 months ago, I’d have been delighted. Now it just seems a bit meh. He’s had a stinker of a season by all accounts. 

You know what he has been awful all season a shadow of yhe player we all know, looks like he is carrying few more pounds than he used to, but but on free, still young, lose a few pounds & under Emery 🤔 I think we'd have a player again 👍

• Like 1

Most Leicester fans will say that Tielemans has been poor since FA Cup final, it's not just this season, I remember us being linked to him last summer and looking on 'Foxestalk' and being surprised at how critical they were of him, they didn't seem bothered at all that he might be leaving, I think at the time was more strongly linked to Arsenal.  From what I could tell they weren't doubting his technical ability or anything like that the opposite in fact, but were very critical of things like workrate, commitment and so on, basically they were saying he was very much a luxry player and not always worth his place in the team.

But of course he has proven that he can very play well in this division, so if Emery thinks he can get him back to that form then would trust that, maybe just wasn't working out for him playing for Rodgers, we've seen ourselves that some players don't suit playing for certain managers.

His stock has fallen over the last 12 months but I guess there is a player in there somewhere.  Emery has a habit of signing rejects and ne'er do wells and making them a polished outfit.  I think that's where I'd place Tielemans at the current time.   Who does he replace, or, who is he better than at Villa? 

Edited by STO

2 minutes ago, Frodo said:

You know what he has been awful all season a shadow of yhe player we all know, looks like he is carrying few more pounds than he used to, but but on free, still young, lose a few pounds & under Emery 🤔 I think we'd have a player again 👍

Thing that would worry me was that he seemed to be one who downed tools knowing he was off regardless. 

Tielemans seems like a real wierd one. Not particularly what we are crying out for and with a career going the wrong direction. Was great a few years ago, but (as with most of Leicester) pretty awful this season. Meh signing but will have faith is what Emery wants. 

3 minutes ago, STO said:

His stock has fallen over the last 12 months but I guess there is a player in there somewhere.  Emery has a habit of signing rejects and ne'er do wells and making them a polished outfit.  I think that's where I'd place Tielemans at the current time.   Who does he replace, or, who is he better than at Villa? 

I was shocked when I realised he still only 26. Seems on the face of it low risk, free , would have to play his way into our midfield and if you get the best out of him then you have a great player in your squad 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Because I’m bored. 

There's a very good player in there. They turned down a huge bid from Man United 2 years ago and he hasn't really performed since so obviously wanted the move.

However that highlights a bit of an attitude issue as Dougie has gone to another level after the Arsenal stuff I January.

He is a bloody good player though. I trust the Don to get him back to his old form, and even more. As that what Unai does.

It makes sense for at least one Leicester player to join us, given how we're in the same area (albeit there's no rivalry) and there's some genuine quality in that squad available for cheap.

Trying to think who he'd actually replace in the squad, he'd be mcginns back up wouldn't he?

On a free, no doubt decent wages, but that'd be an improvement, I'm sure at the end of the season our midfield options off the bench were dendoncker and Chambers

Tielemans doesn’t improve our first 11. There’s a reason why the top clubs are not being linked with him on a free. Probably a good squad option but I’d imagine he would want to be a regular starter. This won’t happen. 

• Like 1

Big yes for Tielemans from me. Really good footballer, and gets stuck in, too. If it's the option of him or Guendouzi, I'm 100% going for Tielemans, and that would even be if they were the same price, on a free it's a no brainer.

In other news, Tammy had an horrific knee injury tonight, a suspected ACL. Poor guy, but would rule out any move from us.

• Like 2