Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

42 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Let's make it happen. 

Screenshot-20230530-112914-Chrome.jpg

Dumfries aint coming here , vlahovic im not keen on, and no way im shifting mcginn as right now he looks like one of the best midfielders in europe no joke

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Dumfries aint coming here , vlahovic im not keen on, and no way im shifting mcginn as right now he looks like one of the best midfielders in europe no joke

OK Unai :D 

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I can guarantee current management examine Fbref or something similar than average punter eye test and xG is bollocks crowd

It will either be a bespoke analytical data system or an other professional platform which will go a hell of a lot more in-depth than FBREF - with multiple layers of video analyse, heat maps etc. What’s  annoying me is people who state opinion as fact, not trusting Lange, McKenzie, Leth & Trivedi etc to identify a player based. Say it again trust the process

Edited by thabucks

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Oh I agree it will either be a bespoke analytical data system or an other professional platform which will go a hell of a lot more in-depth than FBREF - with multiple layers of video analyse, heat maps etc. What’s  annoying me is people who state opinion as fact, not trusting Lange, McKenzie, Leth & Trivedi etc to identify a player. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Oh I agree it will either be a bespoke analytical data system or an other professional platform which will go a hell of a lot more in-depth than FBREF - with multiple layers of video analyse, heat maps etc. What’s  annoying me is people who state opinion as fact, not trusting Lange, McKenzie, Leth & Trivedi etc to identify a player. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It will either be a bespoke analytical data system or an other professional platform which will go a hell of a lot more in-depth than FBREF - with multiple layers of video analyse, heat maps etc. What’s  annoying me is people who state opinion as fact, not trusting Lange, McKenzie, Leth & Trivedi etc to identify a player. 

Just now, thabucks said:

It will either be a bespoke analytical data system or an other professional platform which will go a hell of a lot more in-depth than FBREF - with multiple layers of video analyse, heat maps etc. What’s  annoying me is people who state opinion as fact, not trusting Lange, McKenzie, Leth & Trivedi etc to identify a player. 

Say what you want to say no need to be shy….

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It will either be a bespoke analytical data system or an other professional platform which will go a hell of a lot more in-depth than FBREF - with multiple layers of video analyse, heat maps etc. What’s  annoying me is people who state opinion as fact, not trusting Lange, McKenzie, Leth & Trivedi etc to identify a player based. Say it again trust the process

I'm not in disagreement and expect any reference to fbref to be met with disdain from some quarters but I'll take it over sign this guy because he's scored x goals regardless of how many his team has conceded

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I would hope we are looking in all markets, it wouldn't make any sense to restrict yourself by saying, nobody in this particular league, nobody who's been relegated, etc.

As an example, if you go back in time a bit, to when Klopp took over at Liverpool, they were in a similar position in the table to the one we find ourselves in now. Klopp then used multiple markets to create a solid base and then added real quality once they'd returned to the top 4 and could offer Champions League football.

He's bought from relegated teams (Robertson, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri)

He's bought from other Premier League teams (Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Dijk, Jota)

He's used the European market (Alisson, Matip, Keita, Thiago, Konate)

He even brought in a player previously deemed not good enough for the Premier League in Mo Salah, which worked out pretty well.

Now, I'm not saying he's been perfect, there's been plenty of poor signings as well, just using him as an example that there's value and quality to be found in all markets. There's no point in having a scouting system if you are not going to use it, but also that scouting system should absolutely cover players in this country as well as those abroad.

I think there are plenty of players that have been relegated this season that I would back Emery to improve and that could add to our squad depth.

I would also add that the first player we sign doesn't dictate what our whole strategy is, just because we are linked with Barnes doesn't mean we are solely looking in that market, or that we lack ambition. The time to review a transfer window is really quite a long time after it has closed and you then begin to get a picture of the work that's been done.

I think we need to understand that Emery will look and see potential in players that we aren't convinced by, he'll see attributes he can use and fit into his system, attributes that are maybe being wasted in somebody else's system.

With Barnes, I think it's pace, I think at Liverpool away recently he'd of loved to of had some real pace on the bench to give Liverpool something to think about when they were pushing forward, an out ball over the top to push them back. Also in both games against Leicester this season Emery will of seen firsthand how dangerous it can be to play a high line against him. Throw in that he counts as homegrown and scores goals and I can see how if the price is right he could add attributes to our squad that we are missing.

I'm not saying he'd come in and be first choice, or that he'd be our main signing of the window, just that I can see value there if the price is right. Maybe there's a relegation release fee in his contract, we just don't know at this stage, I'm just saying I can see why he might be on our list.

I think we are looking at many markets, as we should be, and I believe we're in for a very interesting summer.

Absolutely this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georginio_Wijnaldum

In 2015, Wijnaldum joined Premier League side Newcastle United for £14.5 million, before departing following the club's relegation a year later to join Liverpool in a £23 million deal. At Liverpool, Wijnaldum took on a role deeper in the midfield than in his previous clubs. In the 2018–19 season, Wijnaldum scored twice against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final second leg comeback as Liverpool went through 4–3 on aggregate, and he started as the club were victorious in the 2019 UEFA Champions League Final.[7][8] In the following season, he played an integral role as Liverpool won the UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and Premier League, the club's first league title in 30 years. Wijnaldum appeared 237 times in a Liverpool shirt and is often regarded as a club legend who played a major part in Liverpool’s successes over his years at the club.[9] Wijnaldum signed for French club Paris Saint-Germain in 2021 on a free transfer.

“Nah mate. Good players don’t get relegated.”

Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano avoided relegation by winning 4 games in a row including a 1-0 win at Old Trafford on the last day of the season.

Wouldn’t have bought them if they went down?

Edited by Thug
  • Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A few years ago... we were arguing about playing to Scott Hogans " strengths "

It was all about the off the ball movement... How could no one see this? BRUCEY???

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A few years ago... we were arguing about playing to Scott Hogans " strengths "

Hogan was classic Bruce signing he's scored all these goals for the other team so just sign him the goals will come. Sounds familiar to some mooted players been discussed recently

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RicRic said:

And if/when McGinn get's injured, is knackered or loses form?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And if/when McGinn get's injured, is knackered or loses form?

I was half joking with most of those targets but I wasn't joking about this being a squad game and you want your replacement to be at the levels of McGinn, Ramsey, Watkins or better. As great as the current guys are doing, constant improvement is what is going to get us right to the top. 

I can’t emotionally deal with the Asensio links! 

Just let me know when he’s holding the jersey and Unai is explaining how we’re on a European tour and pushing top 4 next season! 

Felix was an embarrassingly shit signing for Chelsea. Atletico paid €130 million or whatever it was for him, he failed to live up to it and Simeone didn't like him, so much so he was happy to let him go in January. However Simeone may possibly be off soon himself so rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater they give Felix a new deal before then loaning him to Chelsea - who don't know how to use him but just want to sign all of the players - for a decent fee but with apparently no option to make it permanent, so in the event that Simeone does leave they can just use him again under whoever the new manager is.

He's a lovely player to watch but really not that effective at the highest level, obviously good enough for Villa (and given our system he'd probably work well in it compared to most other sides where he struggles to have a natural position) but I can't see it being a goer at all this summer.

• Like 1