Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Tom13 said:

So same numbers equals same ability? Kulusevski is better than Bailey. Plays with intelligence. I thought it would just be an interesting discussion, didn't know Spurs had an option to buy though.

They have an obligatory deal to buy if he plays a certain number of minutes in a fixed number of games (or if they qualify for the CL lol)

Supposedly Spurs are trying to haggle on the set price (€40m or so) and maybe even trying to get out of the deal if they can't get the price down. All speculation and most likely he signs for them but imo he'd be perfect in this team and system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Getting rid of Danny Ings in January was an amazing bit of transfer business for us. He is absolutely done as a player. We’d have been saddled with his wages dragging down our ffp but fortunately he’s just doing it to West Ham instead now. More brilliance from our manager.

As someone who doesnt get to go to VP often, I remember seeing him against Stevenage and genuinely being stunned at how bad his movement was

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Getting rid of Danny Ings in January was an amazing bit of transfer business for us. He is absolutely done as a player. We’d have been saddled with his wages dragging down our ffp but fortunately he’s just doing it to West Ham instead now. More brilliance from our manager.

Alemany type move by the Villa!

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Anyone else feel like we've already done 1 or 2 major signings and are just waiting until the end of the season to announce?

Would surprise me in the slightest. 

That would be great, but we can't expect that to happen every year on the grounds that it did last time. The deals we are working on may take a little longer this time and players with alternatives, might want a little longer to weigh up their options. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

They have an obligatory deal to buy if he plays a certain number of minutes in a fixed number of games (or if they qualify for the CL lol)

Supposedly Spurs are trying to haggle on the set price (€40m or so) and maybe even trying to get out of the deal if they can't get the price down. All speculation and most likely he signs for them but imo he'd be perfect in this team and system.

Who would have guessed that might happen?:D image.jpeg.63b758374dcbd807a37e46de66915c03.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Don't we get a bit more from it now because they are staying up?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure if it’s true but I like the sound of it.

I think it is, I'm sure I read this when the deal was done, whether that was included in the fee quoted, I'm less sure. 

15 hours ago, KMitch said:

Ceballos makes no sense unless we're selling one of Kamara or Douglas Luiz this summer.  Asensio, on the other hand, would be a meltdown signing that instantly transforms our attack.  

It’s not instead of anyone, it’s as well as. We have a small squad and looking at being serious in the league, two domestic cups and hopefully Europe, that’s a lot of games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Mental from West Ham. Helps having those dinosaur managers like Moyes around who make daft moves like that and give us money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Mental from West Ham. Helps having those dinosaur managers like Moyes around who make daft moves like that and give us money.

Ings hasn't seen too much playing time, so not sure it was entirely Moyes decision. Their board might have put pressure on Moyes to take him. At the time Moyes was on thin ice and was close to potentially getting the sack.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

It’s not instead of anyone, it’s as well as. We have a small squad and looking at being serious in the league, two domestic cups and hopefully Europe, that’s a lot of games.

I get that, but spending big wages on another player in a position we already have arguably the most depth in the squad is puzzling to me.  

14 hours ago, thabucks said:

This is where your love of stats can be misleading - they don’t take into consideration other factors like those 16 games have been under the car crash which was Conte’s end of reign, Stellini and now Ryan Mason. Spurs have been shite this year but could pip us to Europe, I’d definitely take him, as he’s versatile and still only 23. 

He is a very good player, but he IS signing for Spurs, so who cares?

Signing Ings was the one obviously daft bit of business we’ve done since NSWE took over. Some transfers haven’t worked out - Sanson, Bailey, Buendia (for the price paid) etc. but they were good moves at the time. I remember especially being excited about Buendia and Bailey. But Ings? Just stupid on the contract he was given. I bet he couldn’t believe it when Villa came knocking. 

Edited by Delphinho123