Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, villa4europe said:

I'd be disappointed if we put all this infrastructure in place and then he's the best we can find 

Just now, villa4europe said:

I'd be disappointed if we put all this infrastructure in place and then he's the best we can find 

Me too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fair to say we're going to see an absolutely absurd amount of links this summer. Only May and it's in full swing.

Have my notifications on for any time villareport tweets regardless. The original and best aggregator.

Edited by Indigo

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ferran torres speculated, definitely a good direction to be heading in.. question would you take ferran torres or nico williams 🤔 as we would only get one

He flopped at Man City and hasn’t set the world alight at Barcelona either, of course both clubs are playing at a higher level than us but I would be a little wary of players like that if they’re going to cost big money.

Personally though I think we’re just flavour of the week in certain parts of the press and they’re getting carried away linking us to everyone, I can’t see some of these rumours being legitimate at all, but we’ll see

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

For the right price I’d be keen 

As I said after watching Leicester-Everton Barnes feels the sort who usually turns it on v us and then does little in the next 4-5 games. I thought he was awful on Monday, dosen't track back and was barely on the ball and had a look at Leicester forum and they were all slagging him off given he didn't step up at all in a critical game.

He was good 2-3 years ago so that would be a gamble imo. There's better value abroad for players who'd give us similar output.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

He flopped at Man City and hasn’t set the world alight at Barcelona either, of course both clubs are playing at a higher level than us but I would be a little wary of players like that if they’re going to cost big money.

Personally though I think we’re just flavour of the week in certain parts of the press and they’re getting carried away linking us to everyone, I can’t see some of these rumours being legitimate at all, but we’ll see

He absolutely didn’t flop at city. They paid 20 for him and sold him for 50 a season and a bit later. 

• Like 1

I appreciate that with the pending arrival of Alemany that we’re going to be linked with a lot of ‘names’, but I still maintain that I am happy with whoever Unai chooses. He’s got my backing 100%.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As I said after watching Leicester-Everton Barnes feels the sort who usually turns it on v us and then does little in the next 4-5 games. I thought he was awful on Monday, dosen't track back and was barely on the ball and had a look at Leicester forum and they were all slagging him off given he didn't step up at all in a critical game.

He was good 2-3 years ago so that would be a gamble imo. There's better value abroad for players who'd give us similar output.

Probably take him if they get relegated. Get him firing and sell him a year later. Mateus modus operandi.  

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Luckily, we won't be. This is either a classic misdirection or mindless speculation.

Vlahovic (and Kolo Muani) are in the tier right below Mbappe and Haaland as ideal signings imo, which is probably still outside of our grasp without Champions League football. If we're making offers for players of that level though, it really shows our ambition is sky high.

It's funny to say about Barcelona players, but I wouldn't be all that excited about Torres or Raphinha. Both good players, but I don't know if they would really elevate us to another level, or just offer a bit of an improvement. Torres has ability and gets into great positions, but he misses tonnes of chances. Someone mentioned El Ghazi, and he's not unlike a much better version of him. He'll get goals, but he'll also frustrate massively.

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We aren't signing Barnes. Collomosse talking rubbish.

He's one of the most reliable going when it comes to Villa. It's not like he said it was nailed on to happen either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He's one of the most reliable going when it comes to Villa. It's not like he said it was nailed on to happen either.

Is he though?

"Villa will target at least one wide man over the course of the summer". That's as vague and speculative as it gets. You know...clickbait.

43 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ferran torres speculated, definitely a good direction to be heading in.. question would you take ferran torres or nico williams 🤔 as we would only get one

Williams by a mile.

23 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He absolutely didn’t flop at city. They paid 20 for him and sold him for 50 a season and a bit later. 

He didn't flop I agree. That was a ridiculous fee for Barca to pay though. A classic stupid Barca move.