Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

What rubbish am I reading, we aren't signing Torres and Vlahovic!

I don’t even know who Vlahovic is but the name sounds exotic and exciting to say out loud, so, fingers crossed. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s benefitting from their CB injuries. Dalot starts otherwise 

I dunno, 29 appearances this season, had a tough start to the campaign and had some back issues which kept him out early on… 

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Newcastle signed Bruno guimares in January last season I don’t even think they were top 10, they then convinced botman one of the most promising centre backs in the world to sign this season. We have Unai Emery, we have the money, we’re about to appoint barcas sporting director. Anything can happen 

Guimares did not have the same profile as Vlahovic or Torres and neither was he being paid the same kind of wages.

These are players at Juventus and Barcelona who they have paid 75m and 55m for in the last couple of years and big wages already, not Lyon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But is he as good as Watkins?

He is different, but obviously from a class above

This list is who Transfermarkt ranks as the most expensive centre forwards in the world, values are wrong obviously but the order is generally right https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=14&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

Edited by paul514

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I dunno, 29 appearances this season, had a tough start to the campaign and had some back issues which kept him out early on… 

Both have had injuries to be fair, dalot started the season first choice and they’ve both had spells out

• Like 2

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Both have had injuries to be fair, dalot started the season first choice and they’ve both had spells out

Dallot plays the way their manager plays football too, AWB does not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Guimares did not have the same profile as Vlahovic or Torres and neither was he being paid the same kind of wages.

These are players at Juventus and Barcelona who they have paid 75m and 55m for in the last couple of years and big wages already, not Lyon.

Vlahovic is the most unrealistic of the two to be fair, but I don’t think Torres is out of reach and would probably cost a fair bit less than what they paid for him. 

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Vlahovic is the most unrealistic of the two to be fair, but I don’t think Torres is out of reach and would probably cost a fair bit less than what they paid for him. 

I can see both being available for sale, but I can see both getting better offers...... Torres would probably be the more realistic I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Is he though?

"Villa will target at least one wide man over the course of the summer". That's as vague and speculative as it gets. You know...clickbait.

Yes has broke a lot recently including Bailey deal when was barely a link

Maybe Vlahovic and Torres are smokescreen links for our actual links. Has happened before.

Edit - but but if it were to happen (Vlahovic) we’d be genuine top 4 contenders.

Edited by Sulberto21

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe Vlahovic and Torres are smokescreen links for our actual links. Has happened before.

Edit - but but if it were to happen (Vlahovic) we’d be genuine top 4 contenders.

If we had the form of us post world cup, yea...... otherwise I would doubt that too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretVillaScout said:

I just come to say that I welcome Vlahovic to Villa Park

Be good to see Savo Milosevic also Welcome him

At least we have a chant for when he misses 

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

We need much more than one very good striker, but it's a start.