Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

33 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I think you are probably correct but what is going on now is cause for us to re-evaluate our (realistic) expectations.

Thats a good point. I cant see us getting christensen but kessie and williams maybe.

Kessie and kamara as a dm unit jesus thats a top cm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kessie isnt a DM,  he was the most forward attacker of the 3 midfielders at Milan behind Bennacer and Tonali

In our formation he'd definitely be in the deeper role than the wide midfielders IMO.

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kessie isnt a DM,  he was the most forward attacker of the 3 midfielders at Milan behind Bennacer and Tonali

The stats I’ve seen show him as ACM, CM, DM. If true it seems he can play anywhere in midfield - just what we need.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

£200m to Chelsea please

Wouldn't be the end of the world.

Good player but Moreno is 29 and players tend to decline post 30.

If we were to get good money for him it would be a good piece of business.

On 03/05/2023 at 09:22, thunderball said:

The thing is with Pau Torres, he is the closest thing to a “Captain” for Emery, he adores him, he was his general and is his favourite player. In a system where control is the #1 he epitomises Emery’s philosophy and his playing range is extremely valuable. I am not suggesting he supplants Mings, but at 26y.o. is younger, almost the perfect age to be front and centre of the revolution, it does have merit. It would be similar to Mourihno’s arrival at Chelsea and insisting on Carvalho as his general (ahem, and Drogba). 

If we have ambitions to compete at a high level we need two very good players at every position,  In Mings, Konsa, hopefully Carlos and someone like Pau Torres we have a decent back line that can provide a rock solid platform for the league and cup competitions. Just look at how Arsenal, and even to some extent Liverpool are suffering fatigue after a long season(s) against the depth and rotation of Man CIty. That’s what prolongs competitiveness over a season.

Watched Valencia-Villareal last night and Pau Torres is outstanding. Superb reader of the game and can pass out no problem, reminds me of Southgate when he played for us in style. Unfussy and quiet leadership.

Only issue is Villareal are comfortable 5th now and still have outside shot of 4th place so we need to be in europe ourselves for him to consider any move as he's turned down likes of Spurs in the past I think as Villareal is his home team so plenty of loyalty to them. Of course Emery being here can certainly help but could still be a tough sell to him.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

£200m to Chelsea please

If Cucurella went for £50m (he is 24) I would expect a similar fee for Moreno - maybe more considering he just joined us. 

21 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Whilst I am definitely ambitious and want us to finish as high as possible I really like pretty much all of the players we have and don't want them to be replaced/pushed down the pecking order next year. E.g Pau Torres looks an amazing player but I don't know how I would feel if he replaced Mings or if we brought in a shiny new player to replace Watkins. 

Maybe im being stupid or a bit sentimental, but Emery has done a fantastic job improving the players we have and I think they have another level to go further so I hope we only add 2/3 Moreno type players in that are under the radar signings that improve us a bit further each time. 

If we're playing any form of europe we'll be getting plenty of injuries next season. Let's also not forget we played three domestic cup games all season aswell, want to be doing better like Brighton have.

Our performances recently have also dropped off with the 3 league games in a week.

I get the sentiment but this is classic Villa case of last 25 years of thinking a core of 12-13 players can play well for six month periods and then have very little else when some of those players lose form or get injured.

As I keep on saying Newcastle ended last season in similar fashion to us. They didn't just think their squad could do the same again, they added Nick Pope, Botman and Isak to improve depth. We need to do the same for three key areas.

• Like 2

I'd be cool with Christiansen, he is a good ball player, would be good alongside Mings. Wage probably a stumbling block. I see Konsa as a weak ball player, and think we need a better ball player in his position. Add Christiansen to what we have a CB and we'll look very well stocked there.

I like Kessie, think he is made for the prem, but I see him a very similar to McGinn. And not really an upgrade (particularly as a wide midfielder).

Williams for me looks like a future world class winger, I'd love him at Villa. Quick, good injury record, reasonable stature for a winger. Excellent dribbler, keeps his head up, can play a through ball, and finish. What not to like?

I think Alemeny makes free transfer signings more likely. I expect he'll see it as an opportunity to make a quick profit at the very least.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If Cucurella went for £50m (he is 24) I would expect a similar fee for Moreno - maybe more considering he just joined us. 

This isn't going to happen (it's more guesswork from villareport :rolleyes:) and Chelsea certainly aren't in a position to splash the cash again on Moreno, if they were it's a straight swap for Chilwell, or they can forget it. :D

2 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes but what do you think of them playing together?

That would be ideal, Kamara can 'sit' and Kessie plays a little further forward.

Doesn't leave a space for Luiz though which could be a problem but we need an extra body in that CM position if Kamara is likely to miss games. Incidentally, looks like Kamara has played only 20 PL games and has picked up two bad injuries.

So we have Luiz, Dendoncker, Kamara, Kessié, Iroegbunam.

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That would be ideal, Kamara can 'sit' and Kessie plays a little further forward.

Doesn't leave a space for Luiz though which could be a problem but we need an extra body in that CM position if Kamara is likely to miss games. Incidentally, looks like Kamara has played only 20 PL games and has picked up two bad injuries.

So we have Luiz, Dendoncker, Kamara, Kessié, Iroegbunam.

This is true but is this just for starters? Unai has been quoted as saying that he needs two players for each position so in a couple of years will our squad look more like Man City’s now? I’ve been supporting Villa for 70 years and I’ve never been more optimistic.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John said:

This isn't going to happen (it's more guesswork from villareport :rolleyes:) and Chelsea certainly aren't in a position to splash the cash again on Moreno, if they were it's a straight swap for Chilwell, or they can forget it. :D

Of course it's not going to happen - we are not selling him. But if we were, I'd expect £50m+ at this stage. 

• Like 1