Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea people might think we are referring to the goals/assists but his tackles, passing etc are all in the top 5-10% for pretty much every metric

To put it into further perspective, I think those stats are undisputadly better than what Kamara showed in his last season in ligue 1. Although yes it seems like he's a lot more attacking oriented than him but still.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

There is a shortage of quality strikers.

Also as I have a said a few time.....

How are you selling?

Watkins? Archer? Duran?

I‘d like to see us loan Duran out for a full season next year and go with NEW, Watkins and Archer as the striking options. 

I think Archer deserves his chance next year. 

If the talk of Alvarez is true he’d be a good one for the Bailey role. Get agent Dibu on the case. 

I would like Pau Torres and Guendouzi....in the Summer.

I still have much Faith in Ollie, for many, many reasons.....would not sell him....but I can understand teams wanting to sign him.

If we sign another striker, its to play WITH Ollie, not in place of him....IMO.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would like Pau Torres and Guendouzi....in the Summer.

I still have much Faith in Ollie, for many, many reasons.....would not sell him....but I can understand teams wanting to sign him.

If we sign another striker, its to play WITH Ollie, not in place of him....IMO.

I think we’ll continue to develop Duran and keep Ollie as the main striker and sign a technical support striker/ winger to play alongside him a player that can score provide assists and contribute to build up play. That player won’t be cheap unless it’s Deulofeu. And yes I agree we need a physical presence in midfield but not at the expense of technical ability Guendouzi fits the bill and would probably cost less than Merino. Pau Torres I can’t see leaving Villarreal and if he did it would be in the region of 70 odd million. If Carlos is fit then it won’t be a problem but if this isn’t the case I wouldn’t be opposed to singing and older ball playing centre back like Inigo Martinez who’s quite small for a centre back but incredibly dominant in the air.

There's been some mad coincidences in recent times where strikers I've signed in Fifa career mode for Villa have ended up playing for us in real life.

Who did I sign in Fifa 23? Victor Osimhen...

But yeah, Alvarez would do nicely.

10 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

What have I missed, is Alvarez coming? 

Nah. Rumours he wants to leave.

Would literally be perfect for that second striker who hangs around out wide sometimes.

Deploy agent Martinez.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think we’ll continue to develop Duran and keep Ollie as the main striker and sign a technical support striker/ winger to play alongside him a player that can score provide assists and contribute to build up play. That player won’t be cheap unless it’s Deulofeu. And yes I agree we need a physical presence in midfield but not at the expense of technical ability Guendouzi fits the bill and would probably cost less than Merino. Pau Torres I can’t see leaving Villarreal and if he did it would be in the region of 70 odd million. If Carlos is fit then it won’t be a problem but if this isn’t the case I wouldn’t be opposed to singing and older ball playing centre back like Inigo Martinez who’s quite small for a centre back but incredibly dominant in the air.

I think we as fans, moving forward, need to move away from the first eleven and think more about the squad.

Its hard for us to buy players, who can do most things, so we need alternatives to come in for certain games.....We need variety in our squad, and not too many the same or similar.

I still think we need help, with dominating the ball and that might be a pre requisite to focus on, moving forward.

I am all for a new winger, but they are notoriously inconsistent, so I have mixed views on that...It can be a lot of money to pay out for inconsistency. Many wingers find this league hard going, when they have done it abroad, so its a tough call to make.

I am not a big fan of small centrebacks, meaning sub 6 foot....but there are exceptions like Ake and Martinez.

The summer needs to be a time when the new faces elevate us, and not just tread water.