• Buendia
    • Ramsey
    • McGinn
    • Luiz
    • Moreno
    • Young
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/23 at 13:24

Watkins with 0 votes from over 40 so far, and it's definitely going to be him :lol:

I actually think Kamara would likely just knock it into the corners for fun. Technique and composure is all you need.

Also mad that young has the most votes and barely anyone has mentioned him. 

Sure he'd have the composure, experience and ability to cope with pressure,  as well as the technique to actually hit it on target. 

If he's not on the pitch I'd probably say one of Bailey or Buendia.

Watkins I don't have any faith in, Ramsey too young,  McGinn not sure about, and Moreno know nothing about.

I think Douglas is worth a try.

My head says give Young the responsibility but I recall last time he was  with us he choked on a few.

But 10 years on I'd be happy to see how he goes now.

I wouldn't be totally against Ollie taking them but he's such a confidence player I would worry a miss or two would badly affect other areas of his game  

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

Mad how Watkins has no votes. I was torn between him and Bailey, but I just think Leon would handle the pressure better.

Not that mad......he usually misses from 7 or 8 yards out. Why would you trust him from 12 ?...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

It really shouldn't matter should it? It's close to 9 out of 10 premier league penalties go in. If for whatever reason you cant score a penalty then dont take them.

Where were you when Harry Kane needed this advice?

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

Pens are all about the Mental side and IMO Emi Martinez has proven at the World Cup that he's World Class at Pens.
I'd like to see him take them. 
Paraguay' had a goalkeeper called Chilavert who scored 67 goals and played in goal.  Science says that the more powerful the kick is the greater the pen taker. We must follow the science.

Way back in the mists of time, before Sky invented real football, Alex Stepney the Man U goal keeper used to take their penalties.I think it was the year they got relegated from the first division  and at Christmas he was their leading, or joint leading goal scorer on 2. Anyone born after 1992 won’t know this because Sky have had this wiped from history. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

It's Watkins. I'm surprised this is even a question if I'm honest.

The reason it is a question is exactly because it naturally should be Watkins but people aren’t convinced he might be the best person for it.

• Like 1

Whoever is confident enough to want to take them. I would go for Coutinho, Buendia or Digne (whoever is on the pitch, if/when we get one) or perhaps our new striker will demand the ball?

Edited by John
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

Whoever is confident enough to want to take them. I would go for Coutinho, Buendia and Digne or perhaps our new striker?

Going forwards they might not be on the pitch but on the bench most of the time.

• Like 1

I'd say it'll be given to Ollie for now. It will change then in summer. 

I think Bailey is probably the best finisher or JJ. 

Baileys finishes against City, United, Leeds were all excellent. Statistically he scores more than his xG and has done so consistently. 

Edited by CVByrne

53 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Going forwards they might not be on the pitch but on the bench most of the time.

Exactly like Ings was, don’t understand why people so worried . What would usually happen if we won a penalty in the first 70mins when Danny Ings wasn’t on the pitch?

42 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Exactly like Ings was, don’t understand why people so worried . What would usually happen if we won a penalty in the first 70mins when Danny Ings wasn’t on the pitch?

Tell the referee “no thanks” or the ref would just not bother giving us the penalty.  

Some people thought we never got our fair share of penalties but really the club spoke to the ref before the match and told them not to bother giving us a penalty during those periods even if it was a nailed on penalty.  

Referee’s being the fair, balanced and completely unbiased Man Utd people they are were shocked and occasionally didn’t comply but most of the time when us the fans shouted for a legitimate penalty, the ref would wave away the foul in accordance with the clubs wishes.

• Haha 2

Â