Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, tinka said:

Scores with both feet and his head. Looks to have a turn of pace as well, we need a striker and hes Emery's choice. Would have preferred to have brought him before we let Ings go , his price may now suddenly be inflated but it ain't my money.

Swings and roundabouts. We don’t sell Ings first and clubs will try to get him for less as he’s effectively a third choice striker. 

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Given your profile name, would you be available until the summer perhaps?

Yup and I’ll only be looking for a weekly supply of toffees to sign a contract. 😂

I watch the weekly highlights for Ligue 1 and he seemed to score or contribute every week last season and looked like one of the best players in the league. I've always liked him and if we can get him back to that level for a minimal outlay, it's a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm sure jonathan kodjia's highlight reel looks quite similar. 

It was tongue in cheek really….little dig at the ‘YouTube Compilation’ phenomenon 😏

However, joking aside I do actually think he would be a good fit and give us something we haven’t really had since CB in regards to profile and apparent strengths. One can hope. 

So looking at Dembele's stats in his "good" season.

He did score 21 goals but he was also supplied with 40+ chances finishing most from inside the box.

Do people really think he's going to come here and get that level of service also in a higher standard of league?

I think he will struggle to hit double figures.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

He did score 21 goals but he was also supplied with 40+ chances finishing most from inside the box.

Do people really think he's going to come here and get that level of service also in a higher standard of league?

I think Emery’s career has been based on finding underperforming players and making them great in his system. I don’t think Dembele is great but I didn’t think Capoue or Foyth or Coquelin were great either and he still turned them into Europa League champions. 

Fine to think he’s underwhelming but most Emery signings will be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

He should fit in well then.....

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Its not about individuals though its making the team better at scoring and creating goals. Look at United with Ronaldo everyone waas focused with feeding Ronaldo everyone else stopped scoring. Its almost echoing at city to a ceartain degree where Arsenal have a forward like that share the workload and goals. Its why Ings was ultimatly shipped out, his team play wasnt what Emery wanted. 3 players with 10 goals is better than one with 15 and a couple with 5.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

So like 90% of strikers then.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AshVilla said:

In his "good" season. Do the seasons where he scored 32, 16 (less good of course), 23, 24 goals not count, or do we only look at the season where he scored 22 goals? (don't forget he's 26 and has had one bad injury too I think, so missed a fair few games one season).

Of course, some of those seasons he was scoring in cups too, but I'm confused, do we not need a striker who scores in cups too?

And are you expecting strikers to have a 100% conversion rate or something? Because I'm not sure we'll find one. Conversion rates aren't normally that high a percentage, 25/30%.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

do we not need a striker who scores in cups too?

Cup competitions? Can you explain what these are, I’m not familiar with these.  I don’t think Villa partake in cup competition do they? 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Â