Jhon Durán

PieFacE

5 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Think it will be Ramsay to a promoted club, probably Ipswich.

None of the promoted clubs would be able to afford Ramsey, especially not Ipswich. 

I wonder whether having that younger Colombian lad Montaño at the club might help Duran mature a bit if he is given some responsibility to help him settle in.  He can be such a great striker if he just calms down a bit.  Only a little bit mind you, as you don't want to get rid of that spirit and craziness completely.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Big in the 80’s

One solitary reaction to this post.

I'm wasted on you lot

3 hours ago, punkymonkey666 said:

To the chorus of Rio

"His name is Duran and he dances through defence/Just like Juan Pablo he is f***ing immense/And when he shoots, he really shows what he's about/Oh Duran, Duran, will score without a doubt"

Crap I know but I needed to get it out of my head 😂

and in to ours?..............thanks🙃

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

See you later Bertie, long live Jhonie!!!

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91g6w3vyodmalrps1qua

Just came here to post similar. He defintely brings the unpredictable with him.

The king is dead, long live the king.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Think it will be Ramsay to a promoted club, probably Ipswich.

Jacob? To a promoted club?

Pre injury he was being touted to Liverpool and Bayern. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Think people are reading far too much into those comments. They were clearly said with a smile and a lot of affection. I’m sure any 20-year-old who bangs in a game-saving brace off the bench vs Liverpool would need their feet keeping on the ground. 

I actually interpret his comments they ways in which both of you have. I get the feeling that Duran is well liked and supported but that he's also probably a bit brash and stubborn and cocky and annoying sometimes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Jacob? To a promoted club?

Pre injury he was being touted to Liverpool and Bayern. 

Pre-injury. Unfortunately, I think he's probably picked up a reputation now as someone who gets injured a lot and it's probably spooked his admirers to the point where his market value has decreased or even evaporated in the view of some of those top clubs.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Pre-injury. Unfortunately, I think he's probably picked up a reputation now as someone who gets injured a lot and it's probably spooked his admirers to the point where his market value has decreased or even evaporated in the view of some of those top clubs.

It's one year. And one injury. A summer of healing and he'll be fine 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

McGinn's post match comments made me laugh.

"He can be a nightmare to be around, he's a bit nuts" lol

Little Lord Fauntleroys, can be a bit predictable, so an unpredictable nutter, is sometimes, what we need.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Florian Wirtz had a worse injury and came back ok and is off to Real Madrid next summer

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

And he’s not actually THAT good…

22 hours ago, Enda said:

Not to be an arse but it annoys me that every single “He reminds me of …” comparisons are to other black players. His football style can be compared to anyone but it’s always lads with the same skin colour. Same is true for white players always being compared to Kane, Robbie Keane, Soksjaer instead of Andy Cole.

So for balance, Jhon reminds me of Ally McCoist 🥹

He's nothing like McCoist 🤣

Christian Vieri is more akin. Worth noting that he was playing in Serie B at Duran's age.

France's all time top goalscorer Olivier Giroud is another guy with similar attributes. He was playing in Ligue 2 at Duran's age. 

Regardless of any of that stuff, I still think the ideal player he'd turn out to be like would be Drogba, who was also struggling in Ligue 2 at Duran's age.

He's exactly what we needed as a sub to bring on late in games this season, when Ollie was an Iron man. 8 goals and 5 GCA in less than 12 games worth of minutes is incredible production, when only getting minutes here and there. And he won another penalty that was missed. He's brought on to make something happen and he invariably does.

He's been at his best along side Ollie because he's not good enough at leading the line, holding the ball up and linking play yet, so he still looks a bit off being able to start a bunch of crucial games yet. But considering his potential and the amount that Emery has improved every player I wouldn't sell him for anything less than united paid for Hojlund. 

So Jhon won Villa’s goal of the season then, which seems fair enough. What were the other contenders? Don’t think I saw a list. I remember loving Cash’s second goal against Burnley, the team build up leading to it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So Jhon won Villa’s goal of the season then, which seems fair enough. What were the other contenders? Don’t think I saw a list. I remember loving Cash’s second goal against Burnley, the team build up leading to it.

The Arsenal one at home should be in it

I am going to go the racist route lol and suggest Duvan Zapata. Fellow Columbian, great leap on him and happy to smash the ball in as hard as possible. Awkward customer as well.  When Jhon gets more and more games and learns where to position himself in the box then he will be a huge threat from corners. Got the leap of a basketball player. 

Â