Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I disagree, thought he showed skill and power when holding the ball up against their CB who was intent on fouling him.

His speed at tracking back and the sliding tackles were wonderful, got the crowd going too every time he did it.

Yes still raw but definitely a player there in Durán.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He has all the raw ability, just needs to be coached and want to learn

This.

First time I've seen him in the flesh last night, and he's an absolute unit. He's going to be a hell of a player, but I do suspect not with us - he'd absolute tear La Liga up in 2 or 3 years I reckon

6 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

This.

First time I've seen him in the flesh last night, and he's an absolute unit. He's going to be a hell of a player, but I do suspect not with us - he'd absolute tear La Liga up in 2 or 3 years I reckon

Yeah he needs to be starting 20 games a season. Maybe if we get UCL, there’ll be enough rotation there but he definitely needs a lot of game time to develop. 

He is the ultimate project player. A bit like when we signed Gabby from Great Barr Falcons aged 14 when all he could really do was run really quick. So much to work on but so much potential at the same time.  The goal against Palace was a sign that there is a real player in there. Not many would finish that. Last night showed he had real pace that i didnt realise he had. Again something else that can be worked on. 

I think we would have seen him in the U21s At times to help him develop but as he is literally our only other striker we cannot take that chance. 

I really like him. A character . Not a robot. 

54 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is the ultimate project player. A bit like when we signed Gabby from Great Barr Falcons aged 14 when all he could really do was run really quick. So much to work on but so much potential at the same time.  The goal against Palace was a sign that there is a real player in there. Not many would finish that. Last night showed he had real pace that i didnt realise he had. Again something else that can be worked on. 

I think we would have seen him in the U21s At times to help him develop but as he is literally our only other striker we cannot take that chance. 

Everyone loves a character only question is whether he is more Totti or Balotelli ! 

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Possibly starts on Sunday

Yep, if ollie has picked up an injury we need to protect him from a longer term injury by using Duran to soak up some of the minutes. It's a great opportunity for Duran , if he can nick a goal somehow then his confidence should grow. Its vital for our season that Duran can perform, I'm confident he can and excited to watch it unfold. 

Really significant potential but not a PL starter yet for me. With CL now a realistic objective for us this season, we should look to loan in an experienced striker in Jan and loan out JD to Championship. The lad needs consistent game time. I know that Ollie has been an ever present however should he get injured for a couple of months JD would not be adequate cover. 

On 01/12/2023 at 20:32, MWARLEY2 said:

I hope that's a bad example, cos 10 years afterward Gabby was still just running really really ridiculously fast in straight lines. I don't think I've seen a player since I started watching football that had less of a character arc. 

He scored goals because MON knew where to point him.

I really loved when Jhon lost the ball in the opponent's half in the Legia game, and he sprinted about 80 yards to put pressure on their left winger. It wasn't very helpful in the end, but he ain't a defender. The attitude though.....excellent. He plays with belligerence.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

Â