Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

I asked chatGPT (AI) to write a song about Jhon Duran in the same way John Carew song was written. Here what it come up with:

"Jhon Duran, Villa's new king,

Just like John Carew, he'll do his thing,

With his strength and power, he'll score with ease,

Jhon Duran, Villa's new disease."

A bit like chlamydia? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

We need quality. However old they are. This guy is not what we need right now.

Must say I do rather admire the absolute certainty here, overriding the opinions of the manager, sporting director and scouting team.

I'm impressed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

The people writing John Carew style chants for Jhon Duran realise that  the J in Jhon  Duran isn’t pronounced the same right?

About 1 million spellcheck and predictive text programmes are trying to change it from Jhon to John, so I guess that is what it will become.

4 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Jhon Jhon Jhon... Jhon Jhon Duran
Jhon Jhon Jhon... Jhon Jhon Duran
Oh Jhon Duran
He's Emery's man
Jhon Duran
You got us rockin' and a'rollin'
Rockin' and a'reelin'
Jhon Duran

That sounds a lot like the "Beachboys" song "Barbra Ann"

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Must say I do rather admire the absolute certainty here, overriding the opinions of the manager, sporting director and scouting team.

I'm impressed!

I think he may be a good player for the future. I am talking about what we need right now specifically. I can't understand why, having watched Watkins fluff his lines so often, people think we don't need a prolific striker immediately.

This guy may turn out to be good one day, but atm he is not a prolific striker as his stats show. Why is this so hard to grasp?

I think we are desperate for a proven goalscorer and as such, will be disappointed if he is the only striker we sign. That's all.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

I think he may be a good player for the future. I am talking about what we need right now specifically. I can't understand why, having watched Watkins fluff his lines so often, people think we don't need a prolific striker immediately.

This guy may turn out to be good one day, but atm he is nit a prolific striker as his stats show. Why is this so hard to grasp?

So maybe his purchase is an investment for the future. Maybe that's not so hard to grasp either?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So maybe his purchase is an investment for the future. Maybe that's not so hard to grasp either?

Then you have totally missed my point! I said I would be concerned if this is will be our only striker signing in January if this is one for the future as we need a striker right now. It's not difficult.

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If this guy was coming in to be our main striker from day 1, I'd understand some of the concern. 

But he isn't. We've just snapped up a potential gem. Someone who can become exactly who we need. 

I think it's a great signing.

I agree. And my whole point is not that we should not have signed him at all, just that we need a striker immediately and it doesn't appear that this guy is that player. Unfortunately, it's proven hard for some to understand that point and so my point has been totally lost. We really need a striker right now.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Then you have totally missed my point! I said I would be concerned if this is will be our only striker signing in January if this is one for the future as we need a striker right now. It's not difficult.

What leads you to think he will be our only striker signing in january?

Â