Jhon Durán

PieFacE

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder how much Emery was involved in this signing. 

Emery would have tabled all his preferences transfer wise immediately. We have to assume for now that most are from that pool. Hard to tell if he was a "must sign" or not. I think left field Lange signings will taper off with an elite coach in.

18 minutes ago, messi11 said:

What a signing!
Didn't think we would be beaten Benfica/Brighton/Porto etc to South American's biggest talents
The tide has turned.

It’s definitely the signing someone like Porto would make and then sell for 40 -50 million in 2-3 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lomaski said:

I'm afraid he looks to me like the new Wesley, sorry, just saying!

it's not our money....so why the worry?

could be the new Carew too.

10 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

We have the tightest transfer policy in the game. Never any whispers or rumours, just deals. Crazy really in this hyper connected world we live in.

The one that we’ve heard the most about in recent times is the Alex Moreno one.

I know nothing about him

But he instantly to me feels like the type of signing that if Brighton had made it there'd be fans moaning "why can't we do that"

We are in that safe mid table position where we can and should be taking a couple of gambles, hopefully we get a winger in of a similar profile next

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, supermon said:

For the Now!!

Well, we'll let him adjust and give him some mins off the bench. See how he gets on and hopefully he's in the mix for next season. Looks like the clear competition for Watkins

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I know nothing about him

But he instantly to me feels like the type of signing that if Brighton had made it there'd be fans moaning "why can't we do that"

We are in that safe mid table position where we can and should be taking a couple of gambles, hopefully we get a winger in of a similar profile next

I've seen others making this exact point.

May not work out but certainly he seems to have the potential to be a £60m striker in a couple of years time.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Still a lot of money for us though given he’s unlikely to be a starter….at best hanging around the squad and potentially going out on loan.  It’s a lot of money for us for that….great investment if it works out though.

It could turn out to be better than it seems......we are all just speculating and its really of no consequence.

We have to see him play Nick, before any conclusions can be made.

I am seeing the likes of Evan Ferguson, Alejandro Garnacho, Lewis Hall and Wilfried Gnonto getting game time at 19, so until we see him, its hard to know what we've got, and how far he has to go.

• Like 1

Â