Pre Match Thread

MrBlack

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

You were one of the posters that tore me to shreds in the Duran thread for saying we needed to sign another striker. I based it on the fact that and I quote "Ings doesn't seem to be trusted by Emery", followed by "we need another striker immediately".

Your response was "no we dont". 

It was clear Ings was up for sale/loan and I was worried that Duran would be the only option aside from Watkins. Hence my concerns in that thread. 

I got dogs abuse for it. 

I never once said we should not have signed Duran, just that it was underwhelming given our current need for a proven striker. Yet my words got twisted around and I was strawmanned to the hilt.

I really hope you can at least be honest and admit that I had/have a point?

I never once said we should sell Ings though, did I?

33 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I never once said we should sell Ings though, did I?

No. I didn't say you did. I simply stated that Ings didn't seem to be trusted by Emery and as such, we needed another, proven striker. Maybe we will get one, maybe Duran will come in and hit the ground running. I am just worried that it's too much too expect from a relatively rookie striker in a new league. But here's hoping. 

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

No. I didn't say you did. I simply stated that Ings didn't seem to be trusted by Emery and as such, we needed another, proven striker. Maybe we will get one, maybe Duran will come in and hit the ground running. I am just worried that it's too much too expect from a relatively rookie striker in a new league. But here's hoping. 

I don’t think it was Emery who instigated the move, sound like Ings wanted to go once he knew WH were interested.

Watkins/Ings/Duran and Bailey would have seen us through until the summer. But now we could be in trouble if no replacement is signed.

Both sides buoyed by very good results last week, but we are facing a Southampton side that are bottom of the table for a reason. Can see us keeping it tight and trying to pick them off on the counter, which I think will get us a couple of goals.

Martinez

Young        Konsa             Mings         Moreno

Kamara         Luiz

Ramsey                           Buendia

Bailey         Watkins

A 2-0 win here. Could certainly do with no further injuries or bookings leading to a suspension. UTV

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would assume Buendia as the, ah, 'more technical' player. 

Scored with ease in the shootout v Chelsea last season so think he'd be one of those "eye the keeper and just roll it into the other corner when he moves" type.

• Like 1

draw I reckon. We start games too poorly, Leeds - after 3 minutes we were more or less wretched, Wolves, and the indifferent performance in the first half against Stevenage, we are not good at asserting ourselves early on. Against a side buoyed by a couple of excellent wins, this will be tough. We need to be really quite Not Shit to compete properly. I think it'll be a much tougher game than people expect. I'd take a 1-0 fluke win hands down if offered it now. Think it'll be a draw.

Re: penalties - 

Ings had taken all 3 penalties for 100% ratio this year

In 21/22 - 

Ings was 1/1

AEG was 1/1

Watkins was 1/1

3 **** penalties all year!

In 20/21 - 

AEG was 4/4

Watkins was 1/2

I'm going to say Watkins is going to take it if we get one. Too bad we can't do an NFL style substitution and buy back AEG for penalties.

• Haha 1