Pre Match Thread

MrBlack

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont understand why we just dont put another youngsters who isnt a keeper like o reilly than have two keepers which is absolutely pointless

It's probably 'a message to the board' but I do agree with you. 

Some of the other youngsters not being on the bench probably related to them possibly going out on loan, it might be that deals have already been agreed, so won't be risked having their move jeopardized.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

When you add McGinn, Duran and Digne in, that bench is fine.

When you add in any further January signings, we'll be okay.

I put this one down to timing.

Carlos too. You then have Konsa or Mings on the bench too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bench is a mess; two keepers, Revan, Kaden Young.

Seems we'll be in the market.

Well since we sold ings and loaned Archer we don't have any strikers but young available right now. Duran will fix that by next game and ideally we'll have a third before the end of the window. Not much point in having Chambers, Bednarek, Dendoncker on the bench (though I'm assuming Jan is injured) as the only reason we'd bring on both Chambers and Bednarek is to go 3 CBs and dendoncker can play there or in midfield.

The 2 keepers isn't ideal but we are missing McGinn, Digne, Carlos, Augustinsson, maybe marvellous through injury. That's 5 players who'd be on our bench. Plus Duran due to not being registered yet

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Well since we sold ings and loaned Archer we don't have any strikers but young available right now. Duran will fix that by next game and ideally we'll have a third before the end of the window. Not much point in having Chambers, Bednarek, Dendoncker on the bench (though I'm assuming Jan is injured) as the only reason we'd bring on both Chambers and Bednarek is to go 3 CBs and dendoncker can play there or in midfield.

The 2 keepers isn't ideal but we are missing McGinn, Digne, Carlos, Augustinsson, maybe marvellous through injury. That's 5 players who'd be on our bench. Plus Duran due to not being registered yet

Imagine if we had the injuries chelsea had we would be ****

Need 3 players in at least

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont understand why we just dont put another youngsters who isnt a keeper like o reilly than have two keepers which is absolutely pointless

Because presumably if he's going to bring on a youngster it would be young. Revan is there as a backup Lb. And if you need a 3rd goalkeeper it is better to have a 3rd goalkeeper. We have 5 senior players on the bench plus Olsen. If we would be making any subs it would be those 5.

We are missing 6 senior players through injury (I assume marv and Bednarek are injured) and Duran hasn't been registered yet. Our bench is not ideal because we are missing 7 out of the 23 registered players we are allowed. 

If Digne and Cash are injured and Augustinsson not selected because he's been told he can leave, and in those circumstances can understand the player himself not wanting to be involved, then Revan makes sense. Kesler-Hayden not on the bench because if he was to come on and play then it would mean that he couldn't go back out on loan, as not allowed to play for more than three clubs in a season I don't think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine if we had the injuries chelsea had we would be ****

Need 3 players in at least

No we don't. We are allowed 23 registered players. We have 7 players who can't play today (assuming Bednarek and Nakamba are injured I haven't seen anything about that but that might just be me not paying attention). So yes we have 17 players who'd be in our senior team. Ramsey doesn't have to be registered. 

Before the 5 subs rule a standard bench was keeper, 5 senior outfield players and a youth player. That's what we've got but with 2 extra youth players.

11 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

What would be the reason for having 2 keepers on the bench?

Emery must have a reason.

Because no one else we can select would get game time over the 5 senior players we have selected, revan and young. So instead of putting a midfielder whoever on the bench for the sake of it. Better to put on a keeper because if you need to sub the keeper twice you need to sub the keeper twice. 

• Like 1