Alberto Moleiro

nick76

10 minutes ago, mallett said:

Are his stats similar to Grealish at the same age? I remember explaining to an Italian friend how Grealish didn’t score many or get many assists or have much pace but that he was by far our best player 

Grealish isn't slow. Being slow would be a problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Cool story bro...

Screenshot_20230128_003653_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230128_003629_Google.jpg

Sure it's been mentioned numerous times, but Leon Bailey is in the top 5 fastest players in Bundesliga history.

Semantics don't change the facts 

Is this a bundesliga stat or with us? Can only think of one time I’ve thought Bailey looked genuinely fast and that’s as when he was running through against Everton.

Edited by IrishVilla10

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I edited the post as I also found that we was 6th fastest recorded top speed in PL last season.

Granted I'll agree, doesn't seem to be doing/showing much of that anymore, not sure why, but exaggerating about it which alot seem to do I can't hack.

Apparently Daniel James was actually the fastest last season as well.

Yes it’s getting tiresome the way some go on and on about him and Buendia, Emery clearly sees something in him or he wouldn’t have persevered with him. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Cool story bro...

Screenshot_20230128_003653_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230128_003629_Google.jpg

Sure it's been mentioned numerous times, but Leon Bailey is in the top 5 fastest players in Bundesliga history.

He's also in the top 10 recorded Premier League speeds. Lol

I don't think Jack even cracks the top 20 or 30.

Semantics don't change the facts 

Never forget

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/5-fastest-players-english-premier-league-history-nunez-walker-traore

image.png.717b9085b79162e35e2623be6c9748c5.png

• Like 2

Recording a top speed running back to defend (Trezeguet) doesn't mean he had any acceleration. I imagine he had a 20m build up before he hit that number. He couldn't dream of doing it with a ball at his feet and he certainly couldn't do it to get past a player. Trezeguet was slow for a winger in actual useful reality. 

Jack was the opposite. Jack running with the ball was clearly something special, and he did it at a speed you rarely see. Bailey doesn't do that. It's not a part of his game. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Edit: To be fair, some of our fans don't even realise Ollie is one of the fastest players in the league too.

Yeah been in the top 10 in PL every season I've checked. I'll also remember the video of McGinn and JJ about FIFA ratings and they had Mings as their 3rd fastest at the club with McGinn saying he there we a lot of quick players at the club. Listed also Konsa, Bert and Cash. 

So for what McGinn and JJ said I've stuck with Watkins, Bailey, Mings as the three fastest at the club. 

Edited by CVByrne

Pretty sure Engels made the list of fast Prem players one year. Makes me sceptical of how it's calculated. 

Edit: He was clocked at 36.84kmph, equal 8th fastest with Kyle Walker that season.

I think it mast have been taken when he was driving his car away from the ground as there's no way he did it in a game. 

Edited by May-Z
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Pretty sure Engels made the list of fast Prem players one year. Makes me sceptical of how it's calculated. 

Edit: He was clocked at 36.84kmph, equal 8th fastest with Kyle Walker that season.

I think it mast have been taken when he was driving his car away from the ground as there's no way he did it in a game. 

It's top speed and will be without the ball. So how useful it is is questionable in general. How long a player takes to get to the top speed isn't know, the acceleration over 10m is not known, speed with the ball isn't known. For example we know Jack is very quick with the ball and he has a huge amount of control of the ball too. How that compares to other laers who are quick with the ball at their feet, it doesn't tell you how often they are in top control of it etc..

Acceleration > top speed. The players who seem the fastest are the ones who get to their top speed soonest. Often a centre half may have a faster top sprinting speed than a winger or striker, but they take too long getting to it and are left for dead. 

Bailey is rapid. There may be a few faster accelerating players around though. I love him though. He's fast enough.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Acceleration > top speed. The players who seem the fastest are the ones who get to their top speed soonest. Often a centre half may have a faster top sprinting speed than a winger or striker, but they take too long getting to it and are left for dead. 

Bailey is rapid. There may be a few faster accelerating players around though. I love him though. He's fast enough.

Agree with this - the ability to buy yourself a little space makes all the difference at this level.

RE: Grealish, he's an absolute freak with how well and quickly he can dribble with the ball. Very few players can do that. Interestingly, that kid for Southampton Tyler Dibling looks to have that ability too. 

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Speed of thought is also a big thing in my view. For instance Adama Traore is rapid of foot, but not of brain.

• Like 1

Â