Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

That's Emery's coaching, no question. 

Six or seven months ago this team were barely able to string three 5 yard passes together.  First half we were playing like prime Barcelona.  So many probing balls, so many neat flicks, so many great runs, so much determination to win the second ball if we made a mistake.  I am beginning to think that Emery is either a warlock or has sold his soul to the devil.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, he may not be great defensively but what he gives you going forward is truly sensational. A really superb signing.

Agreed BUT, there was one point today where we lost the ball near the halfway line (possible was Moreno’s fault) and he sprinted back to get the block/tackle in (can’t remember exactly which it was).

That sort of ability to recover, linked with what he gives us going forward, is pretty special. 

• Like 2

Very clever player. Great vision, great anticipation. Makes good decisions. Moves his body adroitly while running with the ball which makes him hard to defend. Hardly breaks a sweat, too. If Emery's summer signings are as good, we will be a real handful. 

Has been streaming on Twitch tonight with Dougie, Emi, Diego, Buendia. The Spanish speaking contingent seem to be great friends, no Coutinho tonight but he's been with a lot of them a fair bit too. Good to see the team spirit, hopefully the English speaking lads cross pollinate with them more than the old English/French divide in the 15/16 season

2 hours ago, allani said:

Six or seven months ago this team were barely able to string three 5 yard passes together.  First half we were playing like prime Barcelona.  So many probing balls, so many neat flicks, so many great runs, so much determination to win the second ball if we made a mistake.  I am beginning to think that Emery is either a warlock or has sold his soul to the devil.

I think you'll find the devil sold his soul to Don Unai.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Has been streaming on Twitch tonight with Dougie, Emi, Diego, Buendia. The Spanish speaking contingent seem to be great friends, no Coutinho tonight but he's been with a lot of them a fair bit too. Good to see the team spirit, hopefully the English speaking lads cross pollinate with them more than the old English/French divide in the 15/16 season

Coutinho turned up briefly to say hello. Best part was Diego Carlos getting stuck climbing through Dibu's window 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We need McGinn to pop over to speak Spanish with a Scottish accent

I said before our British contingent are way more professional now than that season so I dont worry about it being a divide

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How tf does he consistently beat players so easily?

He's fast as fuuuu.... and has excellent technical ability to go with it.

I suspected the combo of Moreno and JJ would set out to exploit old man Trippier and was surprised Howe neither foresaw it nor did much of anything to counteract it. They had him for lunch.

Â