Top 5 Villa players in your lifetime

Johnnyp

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Rare footage of McGrath and the boys here. Loved this team. Don’t think these media guys would survive today though. What kinda lunatic asks an alcoholic what’s your favourite drink. 

As soon as the camera went to Southgate I knew, I just bloody knew, he was going to say water.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, S-Platt said:

McGrath

Platt

Yorke

Barry

Jack

I'd bet I'm a similar age as they would have been my 5!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

No Little Paul? 

Yes these are the players that got me excited to go watch villa.  Mcgrath is definitely up there but I everybody is going to pick him.and not many Andy gray who during the 76/77 season was amazing 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes these are the players that got me excited to go watch villa.  Mcgrath is definitely up there but I everybody is going to pick him.and not many Andy gray who during the 76/77 season was amazing 

I have that 76,77 side down as more exciting than the one that won the league and European cup. They were an absolute joy to watch.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes 

Saw both of those sides and they were great but I still believe the best footballing Villa team I've seen is BFR's team with Parker, Rico, Houghton, Saunders, Dalian etc etc. How we didn't win that first Premier League is still a mystery to me, we were easily the best footballing team in the country....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I have that 76,77 side down as more exciting than the one that won the league and European cup. They were an absolute joy to watch.

If we had had a better pair of centre backs that year we would of been in with a shout of the title. Scored goals for fun that season.

Edited by baldivisvilla

Dublin

Taylor

Barry

Benteke

Jack

Not a conventional 5 but my thoughts anyway, Dion Dublin is the reason I got real passionate about a team on the other side of the planet that I had no affiliation with so he gets it on that reason.

• Like 1

Â