Pre-match thread

Nigel

2 hours ago, FLVillan said:

First trip to Villa Park for three years tonight!  I'm visiting family for a couple of days and finally secured a ticket.  Don't want to tempt fate here but my last match at Villa Park was THAT game against Derby.  The 4-0 win, Grealish returning from injury and that start of the ten game winning run that led to our play-off place and eventual promotion!  Come on you Villa boys!

Enjoy mate! Hope you have a great time! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smg said:

Ok why empty seats I thought most games were sell outs ? Just remembered trains or lack of them might have an impact.. 

Cold Wednesday night the week after Xmas

Dunno how flat it'll be, theyre normally up for it and I think that's usually a problem for villa, the local inbreds consider it a bigger game than we do do I'm interested to see how emery fairs with that whilst at the same time we're a better team than them so our fans should see this as a chance to get one over on them

Not necessarily in terms of number of goals but I just want a comprehensive professional stress free dominant win

12 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Still got PTSD from the loss against this lot when we were 2-0 up with ten minutes to go. Rotten day, that was. 

Same. That’s the concern for me with the squad. Always the risk of them bottling a lead.

But I trust Emery to find out those who are mentally incapable of playing well consistently. 3 wins from 4 suggests that there won’t be too many of them.

Still mentally prepared for a loss tonight though. 😂

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Same. That’s the concern for me with the squad. Always the risk of them bottling a lead.

But I trust Emery to find out those who are mentally incapable of playing well consistently. 3 wins from 4 suggests that there won’t be too many of them.

Still mentally prepared for a loss tonight though. 😂

Yeah I must admit, I was scared stiff of us throwing the Spurs lead away. It’s just what we are used to 😂😂

Hoping that injuries don't disrupt us too much and we can continue to move up the table. We always seem to get crap results against the lower teams when we need the win to push us on.

Going for 3 2 to us

The midfield will need to make runs across the box with cash advanced due to the cut backs he does rather than crosses.

Edited by brummybloke