VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Really? I could never see what the point of him was in Wings. Anonymous rhythm guitar and backing vocals. Seemed like a big comedown from being the frontman in the Moodies. I assume he got well paid so didn't mind. 

Then again I'm no expert in Wings albums beyond Band on the Run. 

On the Rock Family Trees series about the Birmingham/Midlands lot, he said he was skint and he knew it was a meal ticket. Plus, unlike Bicks, he liked McCartney. 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I can only assume you've forgotten about The Frog Chorus?

The frog song isn't even the worst Wings audio crime, nor is Dull of Kintyre

Enter only if you are feeling brave

Spoiler

There's more than one video for this classic

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Reveal hidden contents

You seem very familiar with his body of work.  Are you some kind of musical Bluenose?

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Reveal hidden contents

That said it does feel like Ant and Dec might have been sat in the next studio with a microphone telling him what to record next.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I did check yesterday to see if he had a credit on Frog Chorus. He did not.

He is on Seaside Woman though, and to me that is the bigger crime. I think we have ascertained I like McCartney and Wings, but Seaside Woman is a step too far.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Post Beatles, I think the Wings output is the strongest of McCartneys career, I hear the contribution from Laine and I think he adds to it. I really enjoy his cowrites, and even his vocals. London Town is all the better for McCartney allowing Denny Laine room. I dont really know too much by The Moody Blues so can't say it was a come down or not.

Fair enough. I have to admit that I've never listened to a full Wings album besides Band on the Run (plus the hit singles). 

Norman Lear, 101. Probably doesn't ring a bell for most on here, but he was a Hollywood giant. A writer and producer of several hit TV shows in the 70s and 80s, his crowning achievement being "All in the Family", (based on the English show "Til Death do us Part"). 

He changed American television by writing hot button social topics and political commentary into his shows. 

He cast Black actors and created Black shows and wasn't afraid to piss off the establishment. 

He was a stalwart of the Left and supported a lot of good causes. 

A good guy who left New England and lived the Hollywood dream. 

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As posted elsewhere by @The_Steve, Benjamin Zephaniah has died.

That's a tough one,  What a Legend.  Diagnosed with a brain tumour just 8 weeks ago :(

Awww, shite. Another Holte Ender in the Sky. Guess he didn't even get to see last night's match.  :(

• Sad 1

sad news that he's' died of course  and  I know I'm an ignoramus  , but legendary writer and poet ??  

other than some Villa promo thing that he did , what am I missing .. and please don't say poetry cause that's  below country music and wine on things that nobody should ever give a crap about 

• Shocked 2