João Félix

Delphinho123

Need to re-find the article which stated he only just makes it into the top 15% over the past few seasons of players in his position. I don't think he’s as elite as people think he is and isn’t as unrealistic as some make out. He will almost definitely not sign but shouldn’t be easily discounted as BS either IMO. This is the next level signing we so desperately need to kick start the next phase of building

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

I simply, don't think he is right for us, even if the reports are accurate.

I think we are definitely after another wide attacker, i just don't think it will be Felix. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Need to re-find the article which stated he only just makes it into the top 15% over the past few seasons of players in his position. I don't think he’s as elite as people think he is and isn’t as unrealistic as some make out. He will almost definitely not sign but shouldn’t be easily discounted as BS either IMO. This is the next level signing we so desperately need to kick start the next phase of building

We need more players, who go after players.....not just sit waiting for the Roy of the Rovers pass.

I know Wingers are a different breed when is comes to that, but we can't have too many passengers in terms of workrate.

We have all seen how Morocco, with their never say die approach, have found success.....We have all seen Newcastles rise, with a team full of willing workers.

We all love talent, its what the game is all about, but also as Roy Keane said....."Football is also about runners", and we need a few more of them......with talent of course.

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He's not a world class player, not yet at least, but he's good enough, young enough and a big enough name that pretty much every club in the world will be happy to have him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He's not a world class player, not yet at least, but he's good enough, young enough and a big enough name that pretty much every club in the world will be happy to have him. 

except Athletico Madrid.

I think he needs to show more of his talent consistently to be labeled with such praise.

I have not seen enough of him, to give hard and fast opinions, but what I have seen, does not impress me....I can only assume he is a "Moments" player, has great moments that catch peoples eye.

When I see some of the players with the talent he has, and go for similar fee's.....They have a work ethic to go with it.

We have seen Little Phil at first hand, no better player around when he's on it......but we don't see it enough......I fancy this would be similar.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

except Athletico Madrid.

I think he needs to show more of his talent consistently to be labeled with such praise.

I have not seen enough of him, to give hard and fast opinions, but what I have seen, does not impress me....I can only assume he is a "Moments" player, has great moments that catch peoples eye.

When I see some of the players with the talent he has, and go for similar fee's.....They have a work ethic to go with it.

We have seen Little Phil at first hand, no better player around when he's on it......but we don't see it enough......I fancy this would be similar.

Atletico want to keep him, he’s the one who wants to leave them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Atletico want to keep him, he’s the one who wants to leave them.

Oh Ok.....but I read, somewhere, their President saying Simone is not over fussed about him....and he is prepared to let him go

It may be a moot point anyway, if all the links are BS

still don't fancy, what I have seen of him....maybe he will prove me wrong, in the future.

He's been there for half of his 7 year contract. So if they sold him for more than £55m they will book a profit from his remaining amortisation. I assume they're hoping to break even on him if they can. Transfermarkt have him valued at 50m euro which would be a loss for them if he was sold for that.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Oh Ok.....but I read, somewhere, their President saying Simone is not over fussed about him....and he is prepared to let him go

It may be a moot point anyway, if all the links are BS

still don't fancy, what I have seen of him....maybe he will prove me wrong, in the future.

Simeone makes Bruce look negative (possible slight exaggeration). Bruce made Jack look average in the Championship, and Simeone makes a lot of attacking players look pretty average. The two managers are competing on different scales, but there's a definite similarity. I live in Madrid and tried to get into Atletico, but their style of play was an efficient way of saving me money and time by turning me off wanting to even spend a minute watching them!

Edited by Rolta

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

And why’s that? We’ve proven that we can attract quality players also 

They go more money and more Leeway that we do in transfer market.

Also unfortunately they are in cl spots and we are nowhere near

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

Simeone makes Bruce look negative (possible slight exaggeration). Bruce made Jack look average in the Championship, and Simeone makes a lot of attacking players look pretty average. The two managers are competing on different scales, but there's a definite similarity. I live in Madrid and tried to get into Atletico, but their style of play was an efficient way of saving me money and time by turning me off wanting to even spend a minute watching them!

If we sign him, maybe I will see, what many others see....but against Morocco, he was passive.....I like busy players, that MAKE things happen.

Edited by TRO

22 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Newcastle will probably sign him if he comes to England.

You are assuming they want to....We were all wetting our pants with the Coutinho links.

Turned out well, didn't it?

Edited by TRO

Â