VT Games of the Year 2022

bickster

As the year is approaching it's end, it's time to reflect and post your favourite games released this year..

Post as many or as few as neccessary, lists are acceptable of any number.

This topic will open on 1st December

I'm going to do a top 10 this year as while 2022 was lacking in many ways due to delays, it was still a very good year for gaming.

01. Vampire Survivors
02. Elden Ring
03. Rollerdrome
04. NORCO
05. Signalis
06. Pentiment
07. TUNIC
08. Cult of the Lamb
09. Metal: Hellsinger
10. Sifu

Overall, my game of the year was Vampire Survivors. I will always put innovation ahead of iteration and Vampire Survivors wasn't just a great game, but it created a whole new genre, spawned dozens of clones, and is one of the highest rated games of all time on Steam. This game was created by a first-time developer, Luca 'poncle' Galante and what a debut it was.  

• Thanks 1

I spent a large proportion of the year trying to clear some games from my backlog, so my exposure to actual brand new 2022 games has been rather limited. 

The new releases on platforms I own that did stick out though are FFVI Pixel Remaster, Eiyuden Chronicles Rising, Lake, and Unpacking. 

Dishonourable mention goes to Ni No Kuni Cross Worlds. F*** you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hogso said:

That's barely even a 2021 game! :D 

Yeah you're right! I think it's because I finished it recently it was in my mind that it was from this year.

(great game though).

Stray was a fantastic game. Short but great.

And of course Elden Ring. I am hours into God Of War Ragnarok,and i enjoy it a lot. But not as much as i enjoyed Elden Ring. Early in the game,so that can change. I loved the 2018 God Of War.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

If there’s a better game in 2022 than Vampire Survivors then I’m yet to see it. 

I raise you My Friend Peppa Pig 🐷 

Unsurprisingly elden ring won at the game awards last night, its not my thing but its still one of those games where I can see it and understand and appreciate how good it is and why people will like it even if I don't, almost like I'm disappointed that I don't like from software games

Also saw that marvel snap won best mobile game, well deserved, I've dropped off massively but it is a very good fun game

Stray won best indie game, I must have put 7 minutes in to it so unfair for me to judge, will have to go back to it

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Unsurprisingly elden ring won at the game awards last night, its not my thing but its still one of those games where I can see it and understand and appreciate how good it is and why people will like it even if I don't, almost like I'm disappointed that I don't like from software games

Also saw that marvel snap won best mobile game, well deserved, I've dropped off massively but it is a very good fun game

Stray won best indie game, I must have put 7 minutes in to it so unfair for me to judge, will have to go back to it

You should try Stray again. It was a very good game. Dont know what to say other than i thought it was a "feelgood game". Beeing a catowner helps giving me a softspot for it i think :D

Have you tried Elden Ring? It isnt as hard,or "repetative" as the other From Softwaregames can be.. The staminabit is much more forgiving,and i had few problems with lots of the bosses,and i had only played Sekiro from the FS company before. The only negative  thing is that i now has grown  to like the FS games,and have started Demons Souls since it was free on PS+,and have abandoned God Of War Ragnarok for it for some time now :D