VT Games of the Year 2022

bickster

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Chindie said:

The TCGS GotY podcast is out and it's the usual knockout format that gives the usual ridiculous results.

Listened to the first hour this morning

Surely elden ring wins seeing as they all loved it.... So fully expecting kirby to get it...

Surprised horizon didn't make their list, it wouldn't have won but it was comfortably in the top 20 games this year, same as a few years back when ghost of tsushima didn't make it

No contest, Elden Ring.

I do have God of War on the way for Xmas, and I imagine that may have been close had I played it this year - but Elden Ring was just an absolute masterpiece. I also really liked Sifu and Ghostwire: Tokyo, and there are a few other 2022 games that I'll hopefully pick up in the January sales.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2022 at 15:41, Chindie said:

The TCGS GotY podcast is out and it's the usual knockout format that gives the usual ridiculous results.

I bought citizen sleeper last night, hoping it's as good as disco elysium which was also a Sean favourite

Shame norco isn't on the switch

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I bought citizen sleeper last night, hoping it's as good as disco elysium which was also a Sean favourite

Shame norco isn't on the switch

Citizen Sleeper is very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Its not as much of a 'game' as Disco Elysium, it's really like, 1 step beyond an interactive novel in reality, but it tells very compelling little stories as part of a very good wider concept/narrative/world. It also has excellent atmosphere and a great soundtrack.

For my money it's not a GotY and it wins the TCGS one because of their quirks - a format throws up unusual results and this is the kind of thing they really, really are suckers for - rather than it being the best thing released last year. But it is very good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Citizen Sleeper is very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Its not as much of a 'game' as Disco Elysium, it's really like, 1 step beyond an interactive novel in reality, but it tells very compelling little stories as part of a very good wider concept/narrative/world. It also has excellent atmosphere and a great soundtrack.

For my money it's not a GotY and it wins the TCGS one because of their quirks - a format throws up unusual results and this is the kind of thing they really, really are suckers for - rather than it being the best thing released last year. But it is very good.

Yeah it definitely sounds like their type of game whilst at the same time during GOTY they're almost dismissive of the big AAA Sony exclusives which I would say are my type of game