World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

What a game that was, over the moon for Martinez. I mean did you see that celebration with the Golden Glove, cheeky bugger 🤣 It's going to be trying to keep hold of him now that will be challenging. 

The right team would in the end. Messi is the greatest of all time, blown away by how good he was today. Mbappe carried this French side. 

Mbappe co-carried them with Greizman who had a great tournament. 

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

What a game that was, over the moon for Martinez. I mean did you see that celebration with the Golden Glove, cheeky bugger 🤣 It's going to be trying to keep hold of him now that will be challenging. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Lineker - rather approvingly - called Emi "a master of something-housery".  :)

I listened to their praise wondering how angry they'd be if England had lost to his shenenigans :D 

I think I agree on Emi. I love him to bits. He’s pretty much mr vice Aston Villa right now. But he’s one of our most sellable assets. If we got over £50 m I’d probably cash in - it’s a shame, but we have to make these kinds of sales at some point.

As for now, let’s celebrate his success. The first Aston Villa World Cup finalist and winner!

36 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That’s fine, but I know full well that if Jordan Pickford was taking his time walking around his penalty box whilst Danny Ings waited to take his pen… then chucked the ball 20 yards away for Ings fetch it, before mouthing off at Ings then jumping around on his line, you (and any Villa fan tbh) would be saying “**** hell, Pickford is such a massive bellend”. 

Sure would be saying that but just gotta suck it up I guess 🙈😆

A few mates texting me that Martinez was a dickhead in the penalties. Because no goalie has ever in the history of football talked to the taker , right ?? If France had nailed every penalties, he could of acted like the biggest arsehole in the world - nobody would of said a world. His hands saved them. Not his mouth. 

24 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

A few mates texting me that Martinez was a dickhead in the penalties. Because no goalie has ever in the history of football talked to the taker , right ?? If France had nailed every penalties, he could of acted like the biggest arsehole in the world - nobody would of said a world. His hands saved them. Not his mouth. 

'Of' is not a verb. You're thinking of 'have'

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It sounds absurd, but I think I probably agree. He's not the impregnable wall he was a year ago, and I doubt we'll get a better keeper, but his worth right now is probably more than he really justifies

An Obscene Offer, not absurd. Is always best.