World Cup: Matches

Genie

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Are people really suggesting that wasn’t a penalty? 😂😂

Pundits calling out because they felt England were hard done by. If it was Man Utd or Arsenal they’d be screaming stone wall penalty. There was nothing controversial about that penalty.

The last ever game of astro turf i played i was in goal for a penalty given exactly like that. One on one, the striker is through on goal, knocks it past me and then runs straight into me, breaking one of my ribs and bursting my lip. He got given a penalty for it. I was like where was i supposed to go, he just ran into me. 

It was unanimous though among the rest of the astro turf men. I have some sympathy for the keeper here

28 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Did that count as an assist for Messi? If so, he just needs 2 more goal contributions to be the outright leader in WC history.

He has played the most games in World Cup history 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has played the most games in World Cup history 

And? None of the other players in the top 10 are anywhere near him, including Ronaldo who's a good 8 behind him, despite being a more established player in WC 06.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I enjoyed Neville saying “if I’m a defender and I make a challenge and the attacker knocks the ball past me and then trips over me, that can’t be a foul”

That’s literally a foul Gary 

To be fair to Neville, he played for Man Utd so it was seen as perfectly legal tackle when he did it. 😂

• Like 2