World Cup: Matches

Genie

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I wouldn't say you outplayed us. Both poor teams, that's what made it a boring game!!

They had a more affective system. Stick any of our front line in their team and they would have scored.

Edited by tinker

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's the worst possible result for Wales; now England have to actually play in that match and Wales need to not only win but win by a huge margin. Any other result would have been better, this pretty much dooms them. 

Wales are shite. Lucky to be here. They aren’t underperforming. They thought they could re-enact 2016 with the same star players they had then who are now too old and have been out of form for 2 to 3 years. 

Just now, maqroll said:

We clearly outplayed you 😆 

I would say USA was better for about 60 mins, England for about 30 mins. Definitely USA shaded the general play, but it's also true that that one Pulisic effort aside I never thought US were likely to score. A draw is a fair result, two toothless drunks gumming each other pretty much. 

4 minutes ago, TomC said:

I wouldn't say that Rice was poor per se...he was simply marked out of the match. The US didn't run a high press; whenever England had the ball in back, they simply cut off the passing channels to Rice, let England come up the wings, then tried to run England into cul-de-sacs. It was clear that the US didn't want to let him have the ball and didn't want him dictating things from midfield.

And that to me is why he's not a £100m signing for a top CL challenging side

His off the ball movement and showing for the ball when we have possession isn't good enough

Gareth will no doubt be pining for Phillips to sit in the same space because that somehow makes it better

2 hours ago, useless said:

From U to the S from the S to the A from the A to the H from the H to the A from the A to the V from the V to the E from the E to the A from the A to the G from the G to the O from the O to the other O from the other O to the D from the D to the T from the T to the E from the E to the A from the A to the M.

USA have a good team.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Definitely USA shaded the general play, but it's also true that that one Pulisic effort aside I never thought US were likely to score.

Everyone on that side of the pond will be critical, but don't underestimate how good England were in back tonight. The marking was excellent. The US very rarely had players free in the final third. The US had 7 corners and never looked like scoring on any of them. England's defensive performance was good enough for a World Cup winner. The attack, on the other hand, was simply impotent.

Edited by TomC
Fixed a couple errors
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I don’t really follow odds. We all watched the match,  England was largely outplayed and US could have easily won with a bit more composure in the box.

I hear you. I don’t totally disagree. Just FYI. I think that’s from Telemundo  

52A839AE-65F6-4F66-B314-4CB3E30575D8.jpeg

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Go USA, I see them turning over I ran and getting through and will be totally deserved 

Our lack of finishing is an Achilles heel. It's a big question mark.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Wales are shite. Lucky to be here. They aren’t underperforming. They thought they could re-enact 2016 with the same star players they had then who are now too old and have been out of form for 2 to 3 years. 

And who cares anyway? It is not even a country. Although, the principality is totally PC.

Edited by Django_Zooms