Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just on consultation with fans, that's a requirement when changing the crest or colours or home of a club following government intervention after what happened to Cardiff.

So for people saying why did we bother consulting the fans, to be 100% clear, we were the first team under the new rules, and had to consult the fans.

It's just insane we are going to be doing it all over again by the looks of it after 1 season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Nnnnooooooo!!! That reintroduces the absolute most significant problem with the old badge, which is that the lion is just a splodge of impossible-to-see light colour on an equally light background.

To have a yellow lion you'd have to put it on a claret background and then you basically end up with a complete redesign.

The current lion in gold could work given it has more detail and shading. Current colour scheme just doesn't work, at least on a home kit.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

As I posted in the kit thread, I wonder how having two club crests fits in with Premier League / FA rules?

Liverpool do it, no? They use the minimal Liverbird on the kits and classic on social media.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I bet Purslow is raging. Badge rebrand was a major project for him that’s been massively undermined, presumably by Heck. Very strange all round. My guess is this will be the start of another rebrand process that will ultimately end with a stand-alone Lion. Not sure if facing left or right though!!

The risk with another rebrand process is we end up with something worse, especially if the yanks get their hands on it. Could easily turn into a disaster NFL style clip art logo 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It would have been Purslow who signed that off. 

A crazy decision. How can the brand be so disjointed even on the SAME SHIRT!? Would have been easiest decision in the world to flip that around to match the new badge. I bet it is the old Lion shape too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

A crazy decision. How can the brand be so disjointed even on the SAME SHIRT!? Would have been easiest decision in the world to flip that around to match the new badge. I bet it is the old Lion shape too.

oh my god it is as well

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have never seen this before with any other football clubs or sports brand. Leeds and Everton had terrible crest launches n which they quickly did  a U-turn, but not a half-and-half compromise. It seems a very baffling day.

I am absolutely disgusted about this. Total mess.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bloody hell you lot spot and moan about everything! 🤣 

Tbf, there isn’t much going on at a football club. Branding and the kit is actually a massive chunk of it. And they’ve totally **** it. If I couldn’t have that basic attention to detail in my job I’d be fired immediately. They just don’t seem to care. Ruins the positive vibe around the club and is completely unprofessional. Don’t see any other top clubs doing this sort of thing. 

Rebranding is never straightforward.  Villa got through it relatively unscathed last year and finished the season on a high with excitement building for the future.

Now they have decided to screw it all up and reopen the whole debate. Not only that, they have communicated it very badly. FFS we all wanted rid of the Lerner era crest. I cannot understand how they have cocked this up so spectacularly. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Â