Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

I would be happy if I thought MON had lots of cash to spend in the window. I don't believe this any more. and no statement from the club will make me believe this. So I voted no.

All agree that the club spin/pr has ground to a halt this week - they just can't be trusted anymore

I'm happy with everything apart from MON's inability to bring new players in...Its woeful and its been going on for a long time, same shit excuses about trying....stop talking the talk and start walking the walk in the transfer market pleases MON

what does it take to make 57% of you happy?!! a right back and the champions leage title! you picky bastards. i think some of you have forgot how shit being a villa fan can really be

How about a player for every position plus some back-ups before the season starts......not too much to ask is it.

The farther away we move from the takeover year, the more some people forget how deeply in the shit we were. The players we need will come. It might not be the lads we all will be over the moon about, but I firmly believe that MON and Lerner are the best option when it comes to bringing this club forward and making us great again. It might not happen as fast as all of us would like, but it is obvious to me that MON isn't shit in the transfer market. No, he is in fact very, very good. He is stubborn and pursues the boys he wants for his TEAM vigorously. Friedel and Sidwell are proof of that. He has been after them for some time. MON is not a Pokemonesque gatherer of names and prestige players (you can do very well with that approach too) but a TEAM BUILDER, with the focus squarely on the types of players he wants to have in the squad. I quite firmly think this is the best way of putting together a team that can sustain itself over a period of time. We will hit bumps in the road in terms of league position, individual performances in games we should win, squad size etc, etc, but we are moving on up in the long term. I don't have blind faith in anything, but I do trust the current regime when it comes to what they tell us and also in terms of ambition. We will have Champions League football at Villa Park under MON.

I cant really say if I'm happy or unhappy.

I'm not happy that we havnt had the best of results and the situations surrounding what appears to effect our results, but I'm not sure im entirely unhappy. I was really excited at the start of the transfer window and I can definitely say I'm quite worried at this point.

I'm happy that we beat the scum twice last season thuogh :D

This is a shame, more for no than yes.. This is why Villa managers only lost 3 years before they get the boot, one bad season, wait, no, one bad summer and they're wanted out of the club.

But now we have a pro owner who will give MON the five years he needs. Remember that, my friend. No matter how much bitching and moaning we do, the professional that owns the club will give MON the five years. That's why I love Randy Lerner.

I could be a lot lot lot happier, but I would still say I was a happy fan.

Our manager seems to have a weakness, but I'm still confident we'll have a good season. Things could be a lot better with some better players on the books, but things could, and have been, a lot lot worse. I'm still positive, just not as positive as I'd like to be.

I've not been on the forum much lately, the endless speculation and itk becomes fairly tiresome after a while.

I find some of the posts lately unbelievable though, the General's thread being the highlight of the whinge-fest. You know how I feel? Grateful, the team I love has been picked up from the doldrums, from constantly wondering if this year will be the one where the drop happens, constantly looking over our shoulders trying to compete in the bottom half of the table. Now we're looking at european football, exciting attacking play, players that other teams look at with envy.

Rome was not built in a day and the squad has changed massively since the takeover and a solid core is being built, everyone maybe looking at the likes of Spuds throwing cash around like it's going out of fashion but it's not names on daft wages only in it for themselves that win, it's teams. On that point, if you don't think MON knows the flaws with the current squad and can't be bothered to do something about it you're a moron, this isn't Football Manager where you can sign Kaka and Messi at the drop of a hat, this is the real world.

I am happy we have a great Manager and chairman and I have been very pleased with the signings so far. I think the young and old american keeper combination is a stroke of genius. I am sure their will be more to follow. MON and the team make me proud to be a Villa fan, the fickle fans and Barry less so.

Having been a Villa fan since 1961, and so having seen the fans' boycott of the late sixties, the slump to the old Division 3 in the early seventies, but also the climb back to the glory days of the early eighties, I have no hesitation in voting "yes".

In my list of low points for Villa over the years, the end of the O'Leary/Ellis era, with its almost complete loss of direction, players' letters, etc., actually features quite high - probably as bad as the late sixties problems..

The renewal of enthusiasm, optimism, and skillful, attacking football since Lerner/MON came on the scene has been exceptional. Last season we saw glimpses of the sort of exciting and successful football that MON will bring to Villa if he is given time to do his job and build up the squad as he wants. Just get off his back and let him get on with it. Don't forget we need him more than he needs us.

I'm a happy fan, for all the reasons other's have stated. The sheer... I suppose hope is the best word, that we have regained with Randy and co will take more than a tosser messing the club about and a slow summer to be taken away from me.

Very Happy.

Really can't see what the fuss is about. Great Manger, Great Owner, new season starting, Davies back, Great new Goalie worth at least 10 more points.

Perhaps I'm helped by really not giving a toss what other Clubs do or who they sign, and perhaps I'm helped by my happiness not depending on whether we are likely to win anything/everything. (Although I do feel we are as likely as any Team outside the Top 3)

Feel sorry for those who are unhappy, but despite this small Poll, there is clearly far more enthusiasm in the Real World, for Villa than at any time in my lifetime of 46 years. Including when we won the League.

The renewal of enthusiasm, optimism, and skillful, attacking football since Lerner/MON came on the scene has been exceptional. Last season we saw glimpses of the sort of exciting and successful football that MON will bring to Villa if he is given time to do his job and build up the squad as he wants. Just get off his back and let him get on with it. Don't forget we need him more than he needs us.

Well it's disappointing to hear about Barry, I really thought he would be with us for this season...but c'est la vie

However I haven't forgotten the shambles we were in with the former regime in charge...megolomaniac FC...

MON & RL are in this for the long haul and I agree with Daft's post...I think we will see CL football at Villa Park sooner than we think

How many points extra is Friedel worth over Carson post England debacle....plus Davies back earlier than anyone expected

about 10..which would have put us challenging Liverpool for 4th spot last season!

Shorey, plus Danny Simpson next day or so...

I was just wondering what people think about our right-back situation. I have been searching through VT trying to find some discussion on it but my searches have been drawing a blank....

:)