Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

Basically yes but with some reservations. My reservations are the size of our squad and the lack of activity on the transfer front. However, there is 27 days of Transfer Window left and this gives us time to rectify both issues. We really do need to do this to manage to even go sideways. Everton may be on a downwards trajectory but Man City, Pompey and Spurs are sure to be up there and I want us to be challenging them for the top five.

How can any fan be happy with a squad at the moment? As fans we invest a lot of time, money and wayward emotions to this football club. Its a lot of peoples life. We are a big club and as fans we are demanding and rightly so. We're not asking the club to challenge for the champions league over night we just want some bloody players for every position. Is that so much to ask???

I've been happy with MON, the team and board up until this summer!!

Whats going on??? We're supposed to be improving our squad and making it stronger.

We have strengthened the goalkeeping position significantly. We have bought Sidwell who will add to the midfield. There are other signings on the way - we have four weeks yet.

I'm also angry with our preseason arrangments.I dont think our 1st eleven have had the chance to gel and settle back down into the routine. I can see us struggling in our first 4 games as the team will be disjoint. I dont expect anymore than 3 points in these early games.

Our entry in the Intertoto Cup, meant we had to play competitive games ridiculously early in the preseason and the rest of the preseason was geared up to achieving that. If you had been paying any attention at all, you would have seen that MON explained this when he talked about the decision to enter the Intertoto.

We all gone on about Spurs... but hey, they will fly passed us and Everton next season. They have already signed most of their summer targets and they have been involved in the good part of preseason which will enable them to bed in.

That's what everyone said last season and they were sh*t and sacked their manager in the most messy, humiliating debacle. It just doesn't do to make predictions at this time of year.

atm... I'm not looking forward to the start of the season.

If you are a Villa fan, I expect you to be supporting them wholeheartedly from day 1.

I'll chance my mind if MON signs a good RB and LB, a quality playmaker for midfield, a right winger and maybe cover in defence..... I aint even gonna push for another striker!

... rant over

I have come back today from 2 weeks in Mexico.

Great holiday but very frustrating reading the news or lack of news whilst away.

I was expecting to come home with many additions having been made.

Still have faith (just) but I am finding its getting harder as the days go by.

NOT HAPPY.

Simply because the squad isn't being strengthened ! Not quickly enough anyway !

Very worried that the squad will be weaker than last term by the time the season starts.

Oh, and there's a bad smell lingering around Bodymoor Heath ! **** off up north will you gareth !!

Over and out.......

I dont think our 1st eleven have had the chance to gel and settle back down into the routine. I can see us struggling in our first 4 games as the team will be disjoint. I dont expect anymore than 3 points in these early games.

What first eleven? At a push we currently have a first seven or eight

I've been happy with MON, the team and board up until this summer!!

Whats going on??? We're supposed to be improving our squad and making it stronger.

I'm also angry with our preseason arrangments. I dont think our 1st eleven have had the chance to gel and settle back down into the routine. I can see us struggling in our first 4 games as the team will be disjoint. I dont expect anymore than 3 points in these early games.

We all gone on about Spurs... but hey, they will fly passed us and Everton next season. They have already signed most of their summer targets and they have been involved in the good part of preseason which will enable them to bed in.

atm... I'm not looking forward to the start of the season. I'll chance my mind if MON signs a good RB and LB, a quality playmaker for midfield, a right winger and maybe cover in defence..... I aint even gonna push for another striker!

... rant over

Well said that man. Many people ignore the logistics of pre-season and actually having a team play together before the season starts. With so many positions need to be filled, getting everyone in by 31st August may satisfy most, but looking into more detail to many forget that having a squad gel is pivotal to the success of any team.

How can any Villa fan be happy with only having 3 of the back 5 in place two weeks before the season. Any 'football fan' would know that defense takes along time to gel and organise, it can't be done over night. The RB and LB need to be in place over the next few days, otherwise we are in big trouble

Having just got back from a short break away, in which I cut myself away from the thrills and spills of Aston Villa I've returned and instantly a dark dark cloud has cast it's chilling shadow from above.

We still for my money, are not looking like getting the quality we need in to seriously compete and Spurs have signed the one player I saw as a guaranteed star for us. No, he may not have been any good at all for us, indeed, he may be go on to be crap for spurs, but in my eyes he was the player to show we meant business. Instead we look to be losing our captain and not filling in gaping holes in the team.

I hope beyond hope O'Neill knows what he's doing because in this day and age where fans memories are short, I am very worried for the start of the season in which I can see us very possibly losing the first 4 games, and I worry things could turn nasty and suddenly transfers would be falling through and we'll be signing Knight's instead of Davies'. The small squad will be decimated by fatigue and by xmas we'll be way behind the desired 4th position and out of all the cups and European competition with Manu to come in the 3rd round.

Anyways, Martin has proved me wrong before with fantastic results, and excellent league position, so I dearly hope that the team gels well and we get off to a flyer because nothing cheers my weekends up more than when Villa get a result.