Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

Why raise a thread that's over a year old?

Interesting reading some of the comments and seeing the results on this thread. August 5th 2008 and the majority are not happy. I would hazard a guess that come August 31st of that year the result of such a poll would have been much different.

A reason to express caution when judging this summers 'work' so far?

I am a Happy Villan. Great Club with great fans. I am slightly concerned with transfer activity, squad size and a few other things but I'm sure it will all come together for another exciting season.

Im indifferent.

I dont think we will do as well as we did last season, our squad is weaker, other sides have strengthened and we probably wont be as lucky with injuries this time round either. But im not going to cry about it, i accepted that we are also rans years ago.

Second post in this thread. Almost a year to the day since I wrote it, and oddly, I feel exactly the same!

Im indifferent.

I dont think we will do as well as we did last season, our squad is weaker, other sides have strengthened and we probably wont be as lucky with injuries this time round either. But im not going to cry about it, i accepted that we are also rans years ago.

Second post in this thread. Almost a year to the day since I wrote it, and oddly, I feel exactly the same!

Losing our best player through injury... I'd hardly call that lucky. I agree with the rest though...

Im indifferent.

And you were proved wrong then eh? :D

Im indifferent.

Losing our best player through injury... I'd hardly call that lucky. I agree with the rest though...

I said I didnt think we would be as lucky with injuries as we were in 2007/08. With Bouma (which happened before my post) Carew and Laursen, I was right, not wrong. ;)

Im indifferent.

Again, I take issue. I was writing after 2007/08 where we finished in the also ran position of 6th. I was writing ahead of 2008/09 where we also finished in the also ran position of 6th!

Im indifferent.

Again, I take issue. I was writing after 2007/08 where we finished in the also ran position of 6th. I was writing ahead of 2008/09 where we also finished in the also ran position of 6th!

Yes, but you considered 6th to be doing well but doing it a 2nd time wasn't? When you clearly said we wouldn't do as well?

I know its an old thread but I'll answer anyway.

I don't think not happy is the best expression, maybe concerned would be a better way of describing it.

We have lost two of our best players and a good squad player, the squad looks weaker than last year with the rumoured replacements not top quality, I am not convinced we can compete with the clubs around us and feel sure we will move backwards next season and will be lucky to finish in the top eight.

Im content. I believe MON will bring in the players...he is just doing it his way, at his pace. Something some of us still have not got used to. There will be people moaning the same time next summer and the summer after that (asuming MON is still manager).

Think this is his make or break season,can he transform from the shamble's that was the last three month's and take villa forward or is it more of the same. The player's that need to come in are the key and getting the best out of them, we need to be positive and the manager need's to be aggressive in the pursuit of this challenge.

Guest Ricardomeister

I would say that I am probably towards the middle. At the end of last season I would be leaning slightly towards yes as think we did pretty well, but not hugely better than I would have expected. Now, I would be leaning slightly towards no given that we are 3 players down (including 2 of our best 3) plus we are currently the only team without a new signing for the first game of the new season.

I think we have probably reached the peak of where MON (and probably Randy) will be able to take us. I cannot see us keeping a top 6 finish and think it is quite possible that we will be mid-table at the end of the season.