Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

Simple Poll. Seems to be loads of threads at the moment and I'm just looking to see a general fan overview.

Forget the whys and wherefores, simply vote whether you are happy as a Villa Fan now or unhappy.

Please move this to Villa Chat (couldn't make a poll there for some reason)

Im indifferent.

I dont think we will do as well as we did last season, our squad is weaker, other sides have strengthened and we probably wont be as lucky with injuries this time round either. But im not going to cry about it, i accepted that we are also rans years ago.

Upward trajectory better than a downward trajectory.

The ride is never smooth, there will always be bumps

Do not judge on individual polices but on delivery overall.

The future is still bright and it is still C & B.

Kind of - the weather is getting warmer, but on the other hand, I think that I have broken my hand and also had to draw my weekend away to an early end.

Football wise - I've learned not to get too excited; we'll see what happens.

Yes and no.

Firstly, you've got to respect that Lerner and MON stopped this club from going in deep, deep trouble. However, MON is not the best at transfers and with the many transfer windows we've had, our squad is still probably the smallest in the league. Relying on the academy players to come through is not the best of choices.

I can say yes, without a hesitation.

In my honest opinion, MON is being punished for doing a great job. Villa fans seem to forget that just 24 months ago we finished 16th, yet are disappointed that we don't look like we'll be challenging for the top 4 just 3 years later. If MON had have finished 8th or so last season, then 7th this up coming season, then 6th, I'm sure he'd be getting more of a backing from the fans than he has got from moving up the league like this.

We are expecting way too much, way too soon.

i wanted to say yes but went for no

2 years to find a right back really should see a manager close to the sack ... results are what count though and 6th was a good achievement , but will we look back in a few years and say last season was the one were we should and could have taken Liverpool for that 4th spot ..

I no longer believe that we have money to spend , the club has done some good PR but I accept we ain't going to be spending 40 -50 m in the foreseeable future ..and I don't think that is down to MON not liking big names

As it stands I think the 5 year plan is nothing but a dream .. a dream that other clubs appear to want to make happen more than we do ....

sorry

Impossible to answer for me.

Why?

Is the poll not working on your computer :mrgreen:

For me, it feels like we have been spun some very slick Marketing / PR - but I think the value of that may have just ran out.

Off the pitch we have improved everywhere.

On the pitch, it really doesn't feel too different to the pre-Randy days, circa 1982 - 2006.

As its results on the pitch that win you things, I have to vote 'Not Happy' :(

Why?

For me, it feels like we have been spun some very slick Marketing / PR - but I think the value of that may have just ran out.

Off the pitch we have improved everywhere.

On the pitch, it really doesn't feel too different to the pre-Randy days, circa 1982 - 2006.

As its results on the pitch that win you things, I have to vote 'Not Happy' :(

I know it's your opinion, so you can't be wrong.

But in regard to the on the field stuff, we have improved every season Randy has been here, quite considerably too. From 16th to 11th then from 11th to 6th. So to say we've not improved on the pitch and it feels like the HDE days is a little unfair I feel, but it's your opinion and I respect that.

i2 years to find a right back really should see a manager close to the sack ... results are what count though and 6th was a good achievement

Yep, I was happy at the end of the season and thought that this transfer window couldn't possibly be as crap as last seasons. Oh dear, a 37 year old keeper, Sidwell and Davies so far and the rest of the summer has been taken up with the Barry fiasco. Up until today I thought we'd handled that situation perfectly but we look bloody stupid now.

Yes last season 6th was a great achievement, how good could we have done with a manager in place that had all the angles covered, squad-wise? It also rarely gets mentioned that it was the first season Laursen has played more than a handful of games since he arrived. Lucky that, and who'd have predicted it at the start of last season? The point I'm making is if he had been injured most of the season again we'd have been pretty much ****, defensively.

Why?

(

:lol:

Because I'm obviously not happy with how things are currently at VP. But it's hard to explain.

Because I think the manager is excellent, and I think Randy, General K and the board, along with the people working behind the scenes at VP are brilliant.

So I'm sort of stuck. When the unmovable object meets the unstoppable force and all of that.

I just can't work out in my head what's going on. Perhaps it's something about Villa. Perhaps there always has to be something going on. Dunno. I've just lost the thing of actually caring at the moment.

Just roll on the start of the season. If we are great then ace, and if we are crap then oh well.

If we are great then ace, and if we are crap then oh well.

Best way to be........there are more important things in life (although ye wouldnt think so looking at VT tonight)