Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

The reason that I am hopeful that we will break the top four if MON remains in charge is exactly because of his transfer dealings. He is building a team not just a collection of players. Rednapp has some limited cup success by adding more famous players who can turn it on for a cup run, but he has admitted that they will never challenge the big four.

MON on the other hand believes he can, and I can see why, he saw what he did a Leicester with no money and with a small club now he can try and emulate and do better at Villa with more money and a bigger fan base. It is just a shame that, that the bigger fan base cannot see the bigger picture.

To break the top 4 we need to do things differently from them, we cannot compete for the same players as they do because they offer the Champions League, so although Newcastle , Portsmouth and Tottenham will go for the more famous players they are not big players as they are not wanted by the top 4. We have to try and go under the radar and win through hard work and team spirit as the big players will go to the big teams. We have to break in their by being original and different and very competitive and that is why MON will break the top 4 and Portsmouth, Spurs, Newcastle will not.

It is no surprise that Everton and Villa are the closest challenges because there are a lot of similarities between Moyes and MON both are team builders not interested in making back page headlines through glamour signings, but more interested in building a team and coaching a team spirit.

I cannnot remember looking forward to watching the Villa more than I did last season, and I have been a supporter for over 20 years. I would much rather that than just some token glamour signings. MON knows football better than any of us, he will have a team ready to compete by the time battle commences of that I have no doubt.

The reason that I am hopeful that we will break the top four if MON remains in charge is exactly because of his transfer dealings. He is building a team not just a collection of players. Rednapp has some limited cup success by adding more famous players who can turn it on for a cup run, but he has admitted that they will never challenge the big four.

MON on the other hand believes he can, and I can see why, he saw what he did a Leicester with no money and with a small club now he can try and emulate and do better at Villa with more money and a bigger fan base. It is just a shame that, that the bigger fan base cannot see the bigger picture.

To break the top 4 we need to do things differently from them, we cannot compete for the same players as they do because they offer the Champions League, so although Newcastle , Portsmouth and Tottenham will go for the more famous players they are not big players as they are not wanted by the top 4. We have to try and go under the radar and win through hard work and team spirit as the big players will go to the big teams. We have to break in their by being original and different and very competitive and that is why MON will break the top 4 and Portsmouth, Spurs, Newcastle will not.

It is no surprise that Everton and Villa are the closest challenges because there are a lot of similarities between Moyes and MON both are team builders not interested in making back page headlines through glamour signings, but more interested in building a team and coaching a team spirit.

I cannnot remember looking forward to watching the Villa more than I did last season, and I have been a supporter for over 20 years. I would much rather that than just some token glamour signings. MON knows football better than any of us, he will have a team ready to compete by the time battle commences of that I have no doubt.

Very well put

my sentiments exactly

Whats not to be happy about folks?

- Progression over the last 2 seasons to a 6th place finish last season

- Great manager in MON running our football team

- Qualification to the UEFA cup this season

- Exciting football being played

- New owners running the club much better

- Some of the UK's best talents in our squad

I think people are getting carried away far too much with the fact that the transfer window is quiet(ish) for us at the moment. But thats the way AVFC are playing it, not leaking out who we are chasing, which to be fair is the professinoal way of doing things.

I, like many, are slightly confused with our transfer policiy when you consider we are lacking in certain departments, a RB seems the be the main issue. Having said that i dont mind who is in the team so long as they do the business and get the results.

I cant believe more pople are unhappy than happy when you consider who was running the club and where we were in the league just a few seasons ago....very sad and seems many have short memories.

The only thing i am not particularly happy with is the amount of players brought in, I feel the board need to put a bit more urgency into this.

I am happy with the way the club have handled the Barry situation. MON nor the board would release a statement like this unless Barry agreed to the deadline. I think he is a disgrace and unprofessional. He was happy to sign that lucrative contract when it was offered so he should therefore honour it. The quicker he leaves the better!!!!

Whats not to be happy about folks?

- Progression over the last 2 seasons to a 6th place finish last season

- Great manager in MON running our football team

- Qualification to the UEFA cup this season

- Exciting football being played

- New owners running the club much better

- Some of the UK's best talents in our squad

I think people are getting carried away far too much with the fact that the transfer window is quiet(ish) for us at the moment. But thats the way AVFC are playing it, not leaking out who we are chasing, which to be fair is the professinoal way of doing things.

I cant believe more pople are unhappy than happy when you consider who was running ythe club and where we were in the lkeague just a few seasons ago....pathetic!

I think people look at spurs and pompey splashing the cash, and get sidetracked. I have said some stupid things out of fraustration because I don't fully understand how MON works. I am just tired of other fans calling us a mid table club, and we lack ambition.

The only thing i am not particularly happy with is the amount of players brought in, I feel the board need to put a bit more urgency into this.

I am happy with the way the club have handled the Barry situation. MON nor the board would release a statement like this unless Barry agreed to the deadline. I think he is a disgrace and unprofessional. He was happy to sign that lucrative contract when it was offered so he should therefore honour it. The quicker he leaves the better!!!!

I disagree with your statement about the way MON and the board has handled the Barry situation, i think we;ve tried to go about it 100% the right way.

MON never wanted Barry to go and did his best to try and make him stay, even offering a new contract. It is Barry himself and Liverpool who have gone about this the wrong (public) way and decided to take this to the press. I actually feel sorry for MON because he really needs to know what the **** is going on so he can prepare for the season.

All this Barry shit is doing nothing more than throwing a spanner in the works for our season preperation. Does MON factor Barry into our squad or not, id he goes he needs replacing and as SSN said, if Liverpool decide to leave it until the last day of the window then we are screwed.

Im not pissed with the board over this farce, it 100% **** off with Barry, his rocket polisher agent and Liverscum for **** us around! Afterall they magically found £20mill for Robbie Keane who werent even in their plans 4 months ago!!!!!!

Im as happy as MON looked on Saturday i.e. not very. Thats what concerned me most to be honest.

I can't believe anyone can struggle to bring in players this much with the supposed amount of money available.

we are NOT mid table - we were 6th and are in UEFA cup

with a board and manger who want to & will do even better

spurs have still NOT bought a defender so expect alot of 3 - 3 draws there

I think people look at spurs and pompey splashing the cash, and get sidetracked. I have said some stupid things out of fraustrated because I don't fully understand how MON works. I am just tired of other fans calling us a mid table club, and we lack ambition.

Spurs did exactly the same last season, spent loads and did nothing. Pompey......who have they really signed other than Crouch this summer???

I understand what your saying, im getting fustrated about our buys too but im sure its the way we work. It seems like we keep our targets quite until fees have been agreed which surely is the correct way of doing things??

From looking that other clubs transfer activity this season none have really done any more than us (outsidfe the top 4). Yes Spurs have been the one club that has spent but lets not forget they made a cool £20mill from the same of Keane.

I honestly dfo have faith in our board and MON and im sure we'll get the players needed before the window shuts. But honestly, i would rather MON picks and chooses the players he wants that just random purchases to make up numbers.

I'm actually very excited to see who the replacement for Barry could be. With the goals scored last season I'm not really worried about our attacking options even sans the model pro. We've added a bloody great keeper and as long as we have a good back four by 1st of September - which I'm sure we will - I'll remain confident that we can knock f*** out of all comers bar Manure.

I wouldn't have said that two years ago even with 10 pints of ale in me.

I think people look at spurs and pompey splashing the cash, and get sidetracked. I have said some stupid things out of fraustrated because I don't fully understand how MON works. I am just tired of other fans calling us a mid table club, and we lack ambition.

Spurs did exactly the same last season, spent loads and did nothing. Pompey......who have they really signed other than Crouch this summer???

I understand what your saying, im getting fustrated about our buys too but im sure its the way we work. It seems like we keep our targets quite until fees have been agreed which surely is the correct way of doing things??

From looking that other clubs transfer activity this season none have really done any more than us (outsidfe the top 4). Yes Spurs have been the one club that has spent but lets not forget they made a cool £20mill from the same of Keane.

I honestly dfo have faith in our board and MON and im sure we'll get the players needed before the window shuts. But honestly, i would rather MON picks and chooses the players he wants that just random purchases to make up numbers.

I agree, I think the Barry move has pushed people over the edge a bit.

Why are so many people unhappy? Did the transfer window shut a month early??

Exactly, i think far too many people are hinging their 'unhappyness' on the lack of signings in July lol.

However, when you consider the teams around us and their transfer activity then we are on a par, if not slightly ahead:

Everton - ZERO

Pompey - Peter Crouch, Glen Little

Blackburn - Paul Robinson

Man City - Ben Haim, Jo,

Newcastle - Guthrie, Gutierrez

Spurs - Bently, Bostock, Gomes, Modric, Dos Santos,

Villa - Guzan, Fridel, Sidwell, Davies

So looking at that we're in pretty much the same boat as the rest.

We have another 28 days of the window left......chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill

Not happy at all. Threadbare squad (weaker than last season) and we're competing on 4 fronts this season. I know we've a few weeks before the window shuts, but surely it's better to pay more and get the players in early, rather than bringing them in when the seasons already started?

I've been happy with MON, the team and board up until this summer!!

Whats going on??? We're supposed to be improving our squad and making it stronger.

I'm also angry with our preseason arrangments. I dont think our 1st eleven have had the chance to gel and settle back down into the routine. I can see us struggling in our first 4 games as the team will be disjoint. I dont expect anymore than 3 points in these early games.

We all gone on about Spurs... but hey, they will fly passed us and Everton next season. They have already signed most of their summer targets and they have been involved in the good part of preseason which will enable them to bed in.

atm... I'm not looking forward to the start of the season. I'll chance my mind if MON signs a good RB and LB, a quality playmaker for midfield, a right winger and maybe cover in defence..... I aint even gonna push for another striker!

... rant over

I disagree with your statement about the way MON and the board has handled the Barry situation, i think we;ve tried to go about it 100% the right way.

MON never wanted Barry to go and did his best to try and make him stay, even offering a new contract. It is Barry himself and Liverpool who have gone about this the wrong (public) way and decided to take this to the press. I actually feel sorry for MON because he really needs to know what the **** is going on so he can prepare for the season.

All this Barry shit is doing nothing more than throwing a spanner in the works for our season preperation. Does MON factor Barry into our squad or not, id he goes he needs replacing and as SSN said, if Liverpool decide to leave it until the last day of the window then we are screwed.

Im not pissed with the board over this farce, it 100% **** off with Barry, his rocket polisher agent and Liverscum for **** us around! Afterall they magically found £20mill for Robbie Keane who werent even in their plans 4 months ago!!!!!!

If you read my post properly then thats what I have said in a roundabout way.