Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

To be honest,

I was a big fan of MON, despite the players he bought, the wages he paid, blah, blah, blah. It was still MON that gave us some of the best football we have seen for a good few years at Villa Park.

In answer to the topic question, my answer would be a resounding NO, I am NOT a happy Villa fan at the moment..

I suppose I really should have gotten over MON by now, but I always think what could have been, if the club had done things (financially) different with him.

We tried though. We offered him the option of transfer funds once he had sorted out his massive wage bill. But he had a strop and gave up. We weren't going to be an unlimited supply of money for him, there has to be a line in the sand somewhere. But I do think if we stood firm on the Milner sale and said no MON might have stayed.

You are right and I know that MON threw a strop, but despite all this, the club should have tried harder to keep MON, if that meant us saying no to the Milner deal, which we probably should have done, then so be it.

I dont care how much people slate MON, he was still the best thing to happen to the club in the past 15-20 years.

To be honest,

I was a big fan of MON, despite the players he bought, the wages he paid, blah, blah, blah. It was still MON that gave us some of the best football we have seen for a good few years at Villa Park.

In answer to the topic question, my answer would be a resounding NO, I am NOT a happy Villa fan at the moment..

I suppose I really should have gotten over MON by now, but I always think what could have been, if the club had done things (financially) different with him.

We tried though. We offered him the option of transfer funds once he had sorted out his massive wage bill. But he had a strop and gave up. We weren't going to be an unlimited supply of money for him, there has to be a line in the sand somewhere. But I do think if we stood firm on the Milner sale and said no MON might have stayed.

You are right and I know that MON threw a strop, but despite all this, the club should have tried harder to keep MON, if that meant us saying no to the Milner deal, which we probably should have done, then so be it.

I dont care how much people slate MON, he was still the best thing to happen to the club in the past 15-20 years.

How on Earth could they have done that when by the looks of things he wasn't prepared to bring the wage bill down?

To be honest,

How on Earth could they have done that when by the looks of things he wasn't prepared to bring the wage bill down?

Speculate to accumulate?

Maybe if we'd been run smarter it wouldn't have reached the point where the manager had to sell his best player and other players before we could spend again.

And if i remember correctly he sold shorey, let young speak to liverpool and sidwell speak to fulham. Doesn't sound like a manager not willing to try and move players on. Wonder why that independent panel decided to award him compensation and why MON said he never broke his contract with us?

I mean ever since he left our board have proven to be trustworthy and competent so yes it could never have been their fault.

What is the point of this thread? The poll is adversely affected by votes that are several years old and from an era when we were challenging the top teams. Either delete it or start a new poll!!

I'm a Villa Fan - I'm always happy - even when Deadly was in charge and we were down in the dumps. Even if we were in Div 1 or 2 or Blue Square. Not going to change now - never changed then! Maybe I'm stupid! (Alot of you already thing that of me anyway!)