Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

I'm a happy Villa fan for the most part I'm just a little disillusioned, I always thought Villa fans were reasonably smart compared to the fans of other clubs but many of the comments on here the last few days have convinced me that a small but vocal minority are as thick as pigshit but then again since Blues have been relegated once agin perhaps it's some of their unwashed support switching sides. Dissapointing if true.

im a bored fan at the moment. Where has the transfer news gone again, its all gone funnily quiet.

I dunno why I bother..

I believe it was BCV that posted something interesting yesterday. I believe only 5 teams had bought more players than us, and only 3 had spent more money (Or something very similar). It's quite simply a myth that we don't do anything.

On another note, I was looking in one of the papers earlier and they had a preview for each team and how they thought we'd do, they had the predictions like this:

1: Chelsea

2: United

3: Liverpool

4: Arsenal

5: Spurs

6: Villa

7: Everton

8: Man City

So it seems the media doesn't think there's much of a problem, and they think MON will get it sorted, must just be a few fans on here that don't have faith on our boss then.

yeah thats it....

Yeah, the bookies are giving us lower odds than the likes of Pompey, Everton and the rest so they can throw away money.. :lol:

I personally have no idea where Villa will finish, I think it'll be a very close season. But some people on here seem very confident that the likes of Spurs, Everton, Pompey and Man City will finish above us. Put your money where your mouth is I say.

Oooooohhh!

how close. My vote has just tipped it 51% "Yes".

Taking EVERYTHING into account, and not just summer transfer activity/inactivity, then Yes, I am a pretty happy bunny.

We have a great owner, a great manager, some great players, and are in 'Yurp for the first time in a good while.

so, plenty to be happy about.

Just be nice to sign one or two more decent players, that's all.

of course i am whats happened since dougs gone is incredable some of ya need ya heads seeing to just because the players are'nt pouring in your not happy to support the greatest club in the midlands shame on you all :flag:

... just because the players aren't pouring in you're not happy to support the greatest club in the midlands - shame on you all :flag:

very wise words fella.

IT matters not who we sign/don't sign.

Results on the pitch matter, with the players we have, and MON has proved superb in that regard.

I'm happy to back him to do that again ......

Its a no from me.. I feel very worried for the new season - we were lucky last season with injuries and suspensions and with Barry going and Mellberg gone (also Boumas Injury)we are definatly weaker this season than last...

Oooooohhh!

Taking EVERYTHING into account, and not just summer transfer activity/inactivity, then Yes, I am a pretty happy bunny.

We have a great owner, a great manager, some great players, and are in 'Yurp for the first time in a good while.

Well yes, but the title is are you happy 'at the moment', so I presumed that meant with the current dealings or lack their of.

If the poll was 'are you proud to be a villa fan?' or 'are you happy with the way the club is being run at board room and management level?' it'd be 95+% of happy happy fans.

IT matters not who we sign/don't sign.

Results on the pitch matter, with the players we have, and MON has proved superb in that regard.

Results on the pitch only happen with a better team than the opposition!! At the moment we are lacking a natural RB, RM, LB therefore this puts us at a disadvantage!!

i've gone for no....

i fail to see AT THE MOMENT how anybody could be happy...

we are losing our captain....and have 3 defenders before the start of the season.....

on the 17th August when we play Man City i hope im saying yes im happy

im a bored fan at the moment. Where has the transfer news gone again, its all gone funnily quiet.

I dunno why I bother..

I believe it was BCV that posted something interesting yesterday. I believe only 5 teams had bought more players than us, and only 3 had spent more money (Or something very similar). It's quite simply a myth that we don't do anything.

On another note, I was looking in one of the papers earlier and they had a preview for each team and how they thought we'd do, they had the predictions like this:

1: Chelsea

2: United

3: Liverpool

4: Arsenal

5: Spurs

6: Villa

7: Everton

8: Man City

So it seems the media doesn't think there's much of a problem, and they think MON will get it sorted, must just be a few fans on here that don't have faith on our boss then.

I hope MON will get it sorted and I think he will but I don't think we can compare ourselves to other teams in termms of signings whether we have a lot of players or not. The fact is we have no recognised right back and no left back fit any time soon.

It is what we need that counts .

Wow, opinions really are split! Although i feel the thread should be "Are you a happy Villa fan concerning transfers?" as I would imagine this is why the majority of people who have voted no, have done so.

Wow, opinions really are split! Although i feel the thread should be "Are you a happy Villa fan concerning transfers?" as I would imagine this is why the majority of people who have voted no, have done so.

indeed. a totally different question, and one which would, at the moment, illicit a very different result, i would guess.

Oooooohhh!

Well yes, but the title is are you happy 'at the moment', so I presumed that meant with the current dealings or lack their of.

indeed it does, which is why i said "not just" summer transfer activity. That means you include it, but it is not the only factor.

so, i've included it in my thoughts, but have decided I am still happy :)

for others, it seems to be an overriding factor.....