Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

Elon is making Twitter/X about him. It’s the Musk show. Constantly generating hype and scandal over and over to keep it in the news. Maybe he needs to employ Jake Paul and KSI who are pro’s at it.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Great news for Michael Gove when he’s liking posts on the wrong account again

I wonder if it extends to those he fired from Twitter for tweeting

• Haha 3

Hmmm. I’ve just unfollowed an account I’ve followed for years.

I don’t follow very many accounts, I try to keep it varied but a small list. Anyhoo, I’ve been following an account that was mod culture which mostly meant old photos of the Small Faces.

A couple of months ago, they dropped in a tweet about ULEZ, then a few weeks later did something about resisting cashless society. Over the last couple of weeks its basically now become an account full of all that low level crap, they’ve run a poll on whether we should stay in the ECHR, they’ve been posting pictures of the London Mayor with stuff about ULEZ and its become a stream of all that borderline conspiracy crap and moaning about where people are from that staff car washes.

Really odd to see it deteriorate like that. I wonder what happened that caused it. But I don’t wonder enough to keep receiving their worries about credit card companies enslaving us.

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Really odd to see it deteriorate like that. I wonder what happened that caused it. But I don’t wonder enough to keep receiving their worries about credit card companies enslaving us.

I was amazed just now to be in a chippy and hearing a middle aged Rasta bloke moaning to the Greek/Cypriot chippy owner about 15 minute cities. 

My guess is social media is probably awash with 15 minute cities/ULEZ rabbit holes, probably heavily promoted by the oil and gas lobby and their right wing cronies/general agitators. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

So Elon is going to fight Zuckergerg in a cage fight.

Am I reading a parody version of the internet? Can anyone give me a link back to the actual internet please?

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It feels like the world is catching up with the USA very quickly when it comes to insanity. During the pandemic I became amused how people could go from normal to conspiracy freaks giving themselves diarrhea from horse dewormer. 

Now it seems like there are rabbit holes appearing everywhere, transphobic hate is another very big one.

There is a lot of big right wing money being spent plus foreign agitators. 

8 hours ago, YLN said:

So Elon is going to fight Zuckergerg in a cage fight.

Am I reading a parody version of the internet? Can anyone give me a link back to the actual internet please?

If Musk said it will happen, it won't happen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s going to be interesting to see what stunts he pulls to try and bury the cage fight story.

"It'll happen in two years". It's his go to lie.

• Thanks 1

On 12/08/2023 at 12:47, chrisp65 said:

Hmmm. I’ve just unfollowed an account I’ve followed for years.

I don’t follow very many accounts, I try to keep it varied but a small list. Anyhoo, I’ve been following an account that was mod culture which mostly meant old photos of the Small Faces.

A couple of months ago, they dropped in a tweet about ULEZ, then a few weeks later did something about resisting cashless society. Over the last couple of weeks its basically now become an account full of all that low level crap, they’ve run a poll on whether we should stay in the ECHR, they’ve been posting pictures of the London Mayor with stuff about ULEZ and its become a stream of all that borderline conspiracy crap and moaning about where people are from that staff car washes.

I guess you felt that it was an all or nothing situation!

• Like 3

I have a 'Useful Idiots/Cat's Paws' list for people I don't follow, but like to keep an eye on.

I used to follow Majid Nawaz, but now he's unfollowed and on the list.

All sorts of others on there.

On 13/08/2023 at 10:13, Genie said:

It’s going to be interesting to see what stunts he pulls to try and bury the cage fight story.

He doesn't want to bury it now, he's just pissed around, hid from it, constantly come up with  excuses until Zuckerburg has got fed up with his bullshit and told people it's not going to happen because Musk won't agree to a date.

He went from needing months to recover from surgery to wanting to fight in Zuckerburg's back garden without witnesses, and now Musk's claiming his would-be opponent is too scared to fight. He's like a 12 year old. He's an absolutely insufferable fool.

Disappointing really, I'd have chucked a few quid at a PPV for the chance to see someone break Musk's nose and make him cry.

• Like 1

Â