Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man’s obsessed with football in general. His comments about watching the Leicester Everton game were funny. Personally I’d rather scratch my eyes out than watch that but he said he watched due to wanting to understand how different teams handle the pressures. 

Come on Villa build him that Bodymoor Heath apartment so he can live there 24/7 and get even more obsessive about the Villa project. 

21 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The "big six" have missed a trick.

In the league, there's Pep and maybe Klopp ahead of him and that's it.

Spurs and Chelsea will be kicking themselves seeing what he's done here. No chance they get a manager better IMO.

Honestly? I'd rather have Emery than Guardiola.

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I love Unai, he’s elite and we’re ludicrously lucky to have him. 

But Pep is in the top 3 managers of all time. He’s a genius. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's a debate you could have, they are very similar. Totally system based. You do what you're asked, or you don't play.

Emery just has no history of flagrantly cheating. With straight up drugs or financial doping to the eyeballs.

:flag:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I love Unai, he’s elite and we’re ludicrously lucky to have him. 

But Pep is in the top 3 managers of all time. He’s a genius. 

Presumably the managers either side of him at Bayern who won trebles (with fewer years at the club) are above him for starters? 

Pep is a myth. Unai>Pep

Edited by Dale
  • Like 2

I am not going to be annoyed if we don't get Europe. Emery had a tough job to turn the team around.  He has hauled us up the table.  He has made a great start and soon he will have a full summer to tinker with things.  He'll know what he needs to do.

• Like 3

I trust Emery to understand the weaknesses..the games since Newcastle will help with that. It will be an interesting summer, signings people have not heard of but fit the way of playing.

Just hope people don't freak out when we are not signing big well-known names.

• Like 1

Emery is brilliant. He has got a fair few players overperforming since his arrival, whereas they were underperforming under Gerrard. In truth, a fair few of them are probably somewhere in between, so the inconsistency should be expected.

I have no doubt that Emery will have found out exactly who is good enough to enable him to hit his targets. I’m so excited to see what we will do in the summer with his master plan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He looked furious at parts of the game today. Havent seen him that mad since stevange. 

He will get rid of the ones who are not up for the fight.  In unai we trust 

More mad than after the arsenal game?! 

On 05/05/2023 at 17:28, M_Afro said:

I watch all of Unai’s press conferences. His command of English is so impressive. He speaks and understands everything so well but has anybody else noticed that virtually every week, whenever Tom Ross asks a question, he has to refer to the interpreter for assistance? It’s always Tom and never anyone else. It’s like he’s saying sorry mate but I just don’t speak Bluenose! Always cracks me up. Just another reason to love the man.

Certainly a massive improvement on the linguistic skills of the last manager. 

• Haha 2

With our squad Europe may have been a step to far next season, especially  the conference league. Emery will know our weaknesses and we will improve next season which means a real go at getting top 4 and hopefully a decent run in the fa Cup, which is the one I would really like to win (Premier league apart). The distraction of flying all over Europe,  for a tin pot cup is a high price to pay for such a weak squad. West Ham have suffered. 

20 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It's a debate you could have, they are very similar. Totally system based. You do what you're asked, or you don't play.

Emery just has no history of flagrantly cheating. With straight up drugs or financial doping to the eyeballs.

:flag:

Billion Dollar EnhancePeptide.

Don Unai is superior imo. can argue about Klopp. Ancelotti is up there. De Zerbi is getting there.

But Pep yes he’s good but he’s had access to billions Don Unai hasn’t.

He has access to a decent amount of money now and obviously I haven’t forgotten him at PSG - Don Unai was also better at PSG than Tuchel and Poch. 

• Like 2

Â