Unai Emery

PeterSw

14 hours ago, Mantis said:

Honestly I think Emery is better than Pep. Ok Pep is more suited to elite clubs and Unai is more suited to challenger clubs but if you switched them around I think Unai would do a marginally better job, and I think it's probably more difficult to do what he does.

I think Emery is a top coach who suffered from choosing to join the wrong clubs in succession. PSG - nobody who had managed them has enhanced their reputation there. 

Then he moved to which was chaotic and still with a bit more luck he would have won Europa League or got Top 4 and he'd have qualified for CL. 

Other than that. Valencia Seville Villarreal and Villa all massively successful. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Aubameyang won the Golden Boot at Arsenal under Emery and his goal record was really good under him

He did little else outside the box though, Emery prefers Watkins style forward who can hit 15 a season but also contribute with link up play etc. Lacazette was probably a better fit and his goal return under Emery was pretty good but couldn't get rid of Auba as he'd just signed six months previously.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Something tells me that by the time Emery leaves Villa, nobody will give a toss what he did at Arsenal and nobody on earth will be able to ever doubt his class again. 

Not true, Arsenal fans will be fuming he didnt win all them trophies for them while Arteta is juggling 6 keepers in his squad

• Haha 3

So, Emery has managed exactly 38 PL games for us now, spread over 2 seasons, and he has averaged 2.03 PPG over those 38 games (aka, if it were a single season only, we would have achieved 77 points).

So far this season, Emery is averaging 2.15 PPG.

22 wins in 2023 (calendar year), which is a PL record for us, previous record was 21.

image.thumb.png.d4c8fae1189bc6f1b8ac72f85cab416f.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Feels amazing to have a manager you know will change it for the better at half. When Pau scored before I knew we were going to win. Unai always has the plan B ready to go for the second half. 

• Like 1

Â