Unai Emery

PeterSw

Howe cooked him today. No need to try and make excuses, it was a shocker from minute 1 to the end.

Big week ahead, he has to try and fix a Villa defence without Mings because if he can't then we have a real problem. 

• Shocked 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Looked like he was ready to tear bricks out the wall once we conceded our 4th. Wouldn't want to be in that dressing room with him now. 

ye, i thought at one point he looked like a member of the undead, specifically a stalking vampire.

he is gonna be mad......

If he can overcome these setbacks he's a genius. We lose two key players and by far our most important defender for the entire season to serious knee injuries. We then have a catastrophic collapse in our opening game. Clearly seeing a team in shell shock of the loss of Buendia and then critically Mings. 

I think this is beyond him to salvage anytime soon. 

I'm gutted for Unai.

Our offside trap looked so effective last season with Mings/Konsa they had a real chemistry and we won quite a few games by keeping it tight at the back and only winning by a single goal margin.

I just can't see that continuing with the other defenders we currently have coming in to replace him.

Pau and Carlos have less than a handful of PL games experience between them.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I'm gutted for Unai.

Our offside trap looked so effective last season with Mings/Konsa they had a real chemistry and we won quite a few games by keeping it tight at the back and only winning by a single goal margin.

I just can't see that continuing with the other defenders we currently have coming in to replace him.

That’s the problem isn’t it. It’s like we almost have to go back to basics. Mings is absolutely essential to how we’ve been playing and he’s out just like that. I don’t think I’m being reactionary but the last few days have been an absolute disaster. I doubt even Emery has experienced anything like it.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Let’s just calm down for a minute.

It’s a terrible result against a marginally better side.

But if you’re Unai, what do you do?

Resign

• Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Spend the next 3 days locked in my office meticulously analysing the game - swearing to myself in Spanish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He won't sleep tonight, 12 hours straight of replays i imagine

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

These matches and results happen. Liverpool lose 7-2, Man Utd lose 7-0, Chelsea lose 6-0. It’s football.

It’s infuriating, feel pissed off, suck it up and move on.

If you’re gonna be reasonable how do you expect me to argue with you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I'm fully grown and fully grounded. Unai Emery is THE best manager we've had in decades and questioning his decisions is absolute madness. I've seen really bad managers here - he's the complete opposite. One result doesn't make him questionable so to do so makes you an idiot - in my honest opinion. 

Unfortunately it does. 

Regardless of how good a manager he is, which he is btw. He's still responsible for one of the most atrocious performances I can remember today. He sets the team up, chose the tactics etc. He takes the plaudits when we do well and should take the criticism when we are poor. Today was a bad day for Unai and the way he set the team up to defend. It doesn't make people idiots for questioning him. Nobody is turning on him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â