Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He walked in at Arsenal and pretty much straight from the off went on a 22 game unbeaten run. 

Gave us a 10 game unbeaten run in the Prem (8 wins) which was just unreal.

Including back end of the season and friendlies this, now we are 9 unbeaten again, WDWDDWDWW.

Not to mention what was it, seven straight home wins run we’re currently on too?

Everywhere he goes you just get the sense of him making fans proud of their club again. Great trait to have. Between those stints in the PL, he won Villareal a first European trophy and took them to a CL semi final. What a CV. All achieved through dedication and high levels of intelligence and astuteness. Our manager 👏 

good rendition.

Sky Sports

Unai Emery interview: Aston Villa boss on new signings, his European dreams and the tactics that can make it happen
In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Aston Villa boss Unai Emery discusses the club’s Champions League ambitions, what the new signings can bring and why tactical flexibility will be the key to their success in the Premier League and beyond…

This is quite an uplifting article from Sky

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

Aiming for seventh publicly...

Yet internally they/Villa will be aiming for Top Four....

It's possible but more difficult this season; The Barcodes were fortunate, Liverplop, Spuds, Chelsea weren't at the races...this year two of those three will be back in the mix.

On 06/08/2023 at 14:45, oishiiniku_uk said:

Nah, it's Steve Coogan from the Bureau de Change sketch on The Day Today.

daytoday-bureau (1).png

That's it. I'm closing the training ground....

For an hour.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's possible but more difficult this season; The Barcodes were fortunate, Liverplop, Spuds, Chelsea weren't at the races...this year two of those three will be back in the mix.

I'd throw Arsenal in that mix of a club taking advantage of other clubs drop offs. There is no way Arsenal get top two this season. I really don't get the hype.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

agreed.. it will be incredibly difficult especially with our first foray into europe happening at the same time

... It feels like there is a swell of opinion building in the press that Unai is the real deal.. which is nice to read..

On 06/08/2023 at 14:45, oishiiniku_uk said:

Nah, it's Steve Coogan from the Bureau de Change sketch on The Day Today.

daytoday-bureau (1).png

Nah, Christian Bale from American Psycho

5a1dcfb3f914c357018b6905.thumb.jpeg.e634373942ce9d11008de8d8b3ad4299.jpeg

5 hours ago, catanzaro said:

Sky Sports

This is quite an uplifting article from Sky

"My challenge here is to win a minimum of one trophy"  

I don't like that quote. It could mean that once he's got us one trophy his work here is done.  

Sorry, I'm a born worrier and pessimist. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

"My challenge here is to win a minimum of one trophy"  

I don't like that quote. It could mean that once he's got us one trophy his work here is done.  

Sorry, I'm a born worrier and pessimist. 

Well you support Villa so… I guess we’re all with you on that… 😀

• Like 1

Â