Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd start to rip apart this squad if I was Emery. Imo only Martinez, Luiz, Kamara, Young, Ramsey, Ing's and Mings are the only players worthy of representing this club currently. Carlos may add to that list eventually but who knows how he will be on his return. Everybody else imo is dispensable and easily replaceable. 

I want to give Bailey and Buendia a pass currently but if either doesn't improve hugely on recent performances I'd listen to offers for these also. 

He's got a decent tune out of the rest of the team too so far in the league.  I'd like to see where we finish this season especially once we rebalance the squad with some attacking wide players in.  I suspect a few of the other players will show they are still useful as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Good managers keep this behind closed doors and its better man management instead of crying to the media about buying more new players or stupid soundbites like looking people in the eye

Although everyone is praising him for looking us in the eye in his post match interview.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He's got a decent tune out of the rest of the team too so far in the league.  I'd like to see where we finish this season especially once we rebalance the squad with some attacking wide players in.  I suspect a few of the other players will show they are still useful as well.

I think we could string together a very good run in the second half of the season. We've already seen Emery get this bunch playing way way better than before he came in. Very early days either way, he's still learning about the players and it'll take the players a while to 100% know their roles in the bigger picture etc.

With some more work and a more balanced squad I'm sure we'll get some surprises in how the existing players perform, could see a fringe player bloom in the new environment too...

Stole this from Misha on Facebook, as I've said before, one of the most active and detailed Villa fans/contributor's, always finds nuggets.

Guendozi congratulating Emery on Europa Win

'What a journey! This Football… so smart and elegant!

“You made the dream of an entire city, of a club, a team, and of all the fans come true!

“You did it! You know how to win trophies! Hats off Monsieur Emery.

“You are so unique.”

“I am honored (sic) and proud to have had the opportunity to evolve by your side. Words will never be strong enough to qualify your personality, your benevolence and your authenticity in human relationships.

“All my congratulations coach

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

He doesn’t give much away which I like I think he’s gunning for european places this season. And quietly going about it less of the “eventually we want to be competing at that level”  his sole focus is on coaching the team not doing interviews with Gary Neville and Carragher.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He doesn’t give much away which I like I think he’s gunning for european places this season. And quietly going about it less of the “eventually we want to be competing at that level”  his sole focus is on coaching the team not doing interviews with Gary Neville and Carragher.

How will we know if he likes The Office 😛

I am a little bit concerned about the quality of his spoken English. Maybe it's better when he's not got a camera in his face. Either way I hope he's taking lessons.

PS - I am aware he is multi-lingual and how impressive that is. But the fact is he's not a great English communicator, especially when compared to how eloquent he is in Spanish.

PPS - Jonathan Lieuw article on this from 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/02/unai-emery-language-barrier-english-manager-premier-league

The coach’s primary function is thus to tell a story compelling enough that everyone – dressing room, owners, broadcasters and fans – will jump on for the ride.

The leading managers in the game – Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Mourinho – recognise this instinctively. Under these new rules, language is no longer an option but a weapon to be used with all due precision and nuance.

Edit - Poch's English is shite too so not sure what he's on about there

Edited by juanpabloangel18

Â