Unai Emery

PeterSw

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I was keen on Emery from the time he was first linked, but I've got to say, the more I read about him the more convinced I am.

He's the real deal.

This is the key for me. We can't predict the future, obviously, but this man has the experience and knowledge to build something great here, and while there are potential risks, you can't really eliminate them all anyway. I'm even more pleased by Emery than I was for MON, and I really liked MON. 

This is now our future to **** up. It's all in our hands now, and I can't wait to see what Emery can do at Villa. 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was keen on Emery from the time he was first linked, but I've got to say, the more I read about him the more convinced I am.

He's the real deal.

Not if you read Newcastle and Arsenal fans on Twitter.  Yesterday morning a manager like Emery would go nowhere near us, now they are saying he's crap.  Funny that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I probably post a similar post each manager search but I never think hard about our manager recruitment. Sure there's some i'd like, some I definitely wouldn't, but there is so much luck in a managerial appointment. Successful ones fail and some surprise a few. It just seems the stars align at certain times for clubs and managers.

That said on paper Emery is probably the best manager we could have got and lots of things regarding his appointment, the club and Emery himself just seem to fit. So i'm very much looking forward to the rest of the season and beyond.

Also it seems very positive on a whole from the majority of fans, which hasn't happened on this scale for a while.

20 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Make a sub. - Shot of tequila

ffs Watkins - Eat a bag of salted nuts

this ref is shit - Shot of Jaegar

oh Watkins - Headbutt coffee table

awful refereeing - Shot of tequila

worst ref Ive ever seen - Gouge out own eyeballs

what does McPhee actually do? - Eat a mars bar

this ref is so bias - Down a pint then shout SKAL!!!

watkins has to do better there - Shot of tequila

ffs make a sub. - Make the wife a cup of tea

refereeing bias is so obvious - Shove wasps up backside

WDFAFC - Down a bottle of wine

surely time for a sub? - Sit in corner of room and rock back and forth

why is [Coutinho][Douglas Luiz] allowed to take free kicks - Write scaving tripadvisor review on Villa Park

why do we wait so long to make subs? - Set fire to house

**** off ref - Down a bottle of wine

**** off var - Down bottle of vodka

Repeat every game.  - Wonder what happened to life...

I feel this could be a drinking game.... Half-time bingo!

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Now this is a managerial appointment that you throw away what we built with Deano for. 

Over the moon. 

I’d go further…this is a manager that Deano built the platform for. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not if you read Newcastle and Arsenal fans on Twitter.  Yesterday morning a manager like Emery would go nowhere near us, now they are saying he's crap.  Funny that. 

on the arsenal forums in general they seem to like him and think he's a good guy that was unfairly treated by the AFTV crowd, there's a couple that are moaning that he's a cup manager rather than a league manager but they probably dont realise that we would take a cup and finished 11th, thats not the worst thing for us

twitter is more likely to be that AFTV crowd so there still mindlessly hounding him

i do think its funny how fans of other clubs have given us the name "villafake" after his move from villarreal

Just now, nick76 said:

I’d go further…this is a manager that Deano built the platform for. 

Completely agree; Gerrard almost tore up the work Smith started, but hopefully Emery can now get it back on track whilst taking it to the next level.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Now this is a managerial appointment that you throw away what we built with Deano for. 

Over the moon. 

yeah i agree, if we had sacked deano and appointed him you could see the logic and the argument over him having a higher ceiling 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

on the arsenal forums in general they seem to like him and think he's a good guy that was unfairly treated by the AFTV crowd, there's a couple that are moaning that he's a cup manager rather than a league manager but they probably dont realise that we would take a cup and finished 11th, thats not the worst thing for us

twitter is more likely to be that AFTV crowd so there still mindlessly hounding him

i do think its funny how fans of other clubs have given us the name "villafake" after his move from villarreal

Just had a look at his Arsenal team, and I might be biased, but our team is better. With the exception of Aubamayang and maybe Ozil, that Arsenal team was terrible, and he still finished 5th and got to Europa final.

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

So buzzed about this. So excited to see what he’ll make of this team. Proper manager  

McGinn is going to be having palpitations if he watches this.

• Like 1

Â