PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Beastmix said:

Well, paint my nips. What a signing!

NSWE not messing around.

The sort of signing we should have made instead of Gerrard. Although he’d likely have turned us down same as Newcastle 

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

Highest pedigree manager we've hired at Villa in my entire time as being a fan. This pips MON for me, and I was blown away with that.

Feels like a real hire for the first time in over 15 years... Emery must be impressed with the squad and the budget offered...

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
blah
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I still don’t understand this. I think he’s probably good, but is he that good, maybe I just don’t understand football. 

He’s won four European trophies plus multiple domestic honours. Who have we appointed in the past that has more proven success, at that level, than that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

I'm buzzing. Emery would've been my second choice after Poch, who I knew was a pipe dream anyway.

Tbh I'm surprised we managed to convince Emery. Impressed even. A good ebening to be a Villa fan for sure.

Welcome aboard!

Whose Poch? :D Champagne makes you feel like it's Sunday and better days are just around  the corner". - Marlene Dietrich | Wine art, Film art, Wine guy

One thing that people must realise regarding the comments about boring football is that in Spain their idea of boring is different to ours in England.

Emery’s teams have always been very aggressive pressing teams and they like to control possession. 

Â