Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

The club do not comment on rumours so I would not worry.

All the stuff in the papers is just guesswork.

It just makes me laugh that the ITK twitterverse always state that all the other newspaper conjecture is just a 'smoke screen'.. surely it is more believable to say we've spoken to some top managers and they're going with Emery.. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think the Dyche slander is a farcical to be honest. He achieved more with Burnley than Eddie Howe did with Bournemouth. 

Nah. He achieved more with Burnley than Howe did. Howe got Bournemouth promoted three times... And kept them in the league for a few seasons. It is super impressive. Bad signings mind! 

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Anyone that doesn’t want Emery is insane. His Arsenal patch was nowhere near as bad as it seems to be remembered. He had a good win percentage, good runs and all the while doing it under the shadow of Wenger, ridiculous fans and expectations and players just in it for themselves and the ‘gram. 

'gram? They're all on cocaine?

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Anyone that doesn’t want Emery is insane. His Arsenal patch was nowhere near as bad as it seems to be remembered. He had a good win percentage, good runs and all the while doing it under the shadow of Wenger, ridiculous fans and expectations and players just in it for themselves and the ‘gram. 

Arsenal fans are hands down the most entitled moaners in all of football.  The way they treated a club legend like Wenger during his last few years was incredibly disrespectful.  People become Arsenal fans because they don't want to be seen as glory chasers supporting the "money teams" (Man United, Man City, Chelsea, or Liverpool) but actually want to compete for trophies/Europe regularly.  I've never met a chill Arsenal fan in 20 years...  They're all arrogant, self-righteous, hipsters...  Emery was great for them, but hit a rough patch and didn't instantly transform them into title contenders overnight like they had hoped, so the "Wenger Out" crowd turned on him.    

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Even in his 'worst' season, Emery got Arsenal 5th and a Europa League final.

He would be a major coup for us.

Every manager is a risk, but along with Poch he would probably be the least risky of the ones available.

That season he got 1 more point than arteta got last season as well.

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think the Dyche slander is a farcical to be honest. He achieved more with Burnley than Eddie Howe did with Bournemouth. 

I agree Dyche doesn’t get the respect he deserves but didn’t Howe get Bournemouth from non league to premier league in back to back seasons all playing a good style of football?

I think Emery stood alongside Poch and Tuchel, as the available top ranked managers from the start. The difference is that unlike the other two, he hasn't distanced himself from our job. I'm sure Amorin is an option too, but I get the feeling he might be reluctant to move from his current club to us and he might be next in line after Emery, in any case. If Emery is willing to take the job, I would be very happy with that appointment myself. 

• Like 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree Dyche doesn’t get the respect he deserves but didn’t Howe get Bournemouth from non league to premier league in back to back seasons all playing a good style of football?

Yeah, it's perfectly fine to say they're both good managers.  We're just shopping in another market than the teams who would go for them.  

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No - they were league 2 and he got them promoted to premier league not back to back though 

• Thanks 1