Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This argument has already been debunked. Plenty of managers have played decent football on a small budget. Rodgers at Swansea, Martinez at Wigan, potter at Brighton. Also Burnley we’re in the PL for 10 years, they could have spent and changed their style. They didn’t. Because that’s all Dyche knows.

Dyche didn’t play the percentages whilst in the Championship - Burnley were a different beast. He learnt from the first relegation, essentially, and made them more solid - started playing the percentages. Nothing wrong with that; but it isn’t “all he knows”. 

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sawiris wants a ferrari of a football club - he won't be employing Dyche

However, also this. 

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I assume if it was Dyche it would only be a 6 month contract, maybe an option of another year.  Keep us up then thank you goodbye.

Has the bar been set so low by Gerrard, that there are fans prepared to accept 6 months or more of Dycheball to “keep us up” when we are two wins off 8th place?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know it’s only one game and they rode their look at times. I love how sporting played against Spurs.  If that was Amorim v Conte in terms of style I know which one I preferred.  

Conte plays the most boring style of football I think I’ve ever seen, ten men behind the ball for 75 minutes of the game. On topic again, the 25 million euro release clause is the main thing putting me off Amorim

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Another problem with the idea of Dyche for 6 months to keep us up: when those months are over and Villa maybe finished 16th playing unattractive. Would an elite manager suddenly want to come after that?

No

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Conte plays the most boring style of football I think I’ve ever seen, ten men behind the ball for 75 minutes of the game. On topic again, the 25 million euro release clause is the main thing putting me off Amorim

It’s a lot of money but it ain’t my money. If club are happy to pay it then I couldn’t care less.

• Like 1

Emery would be brilliant really, would be surprised to see Villa pull it off but it isn't as preposterous an idea as Poch or Tuchel seemed. He really does tick every kind of box you'd want.

Would be delighted with Amorim too. I think all of the Gerrard comparisons are incredibly devoid of context, he's achieved some impressive stuff and on top of that is actually lauded for his coaching ability.

Any Dyche or Rafa shouts have me wanting to gouge my eyes out. We've been miserable enough already.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Can we have a realistic poll please?
Tuchel is not coming
Poch is not coming
Frank said hes not interested
I've said no to the job

No need to add them in the poll 

Bugger ☹️and there was me voting for you as my "other" choice !

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Voted Emery, simply because he's the best combination of safe, experience, pedigree, and attainable. 

Same. He doesn't get the blood racing, but I'll take slow and steady pragmatic progress.

• Like 1