Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Honestly if we can get ruben in summer as he wants to see season out i wouldnt be opposed to a care taker role until end of season.

The aim will be just to stay up so id take dyche until end of season with ruben in summer. Win win for dyche as if he keeps us up his stock remains high

He was sacked from Burnley. 

No. 

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think Remi Garde got a rough deal. Terrible squsd, not allowed to strengthen in the jan window etc etc

It was like sacking the captain of the titanic and then judging his successor on his boat steering ability.

• Like 1

Regards Amorim and this inexperience talk, remind me again if this bloke Chelsea took a punt on in 2005? You know, the bloke who's managerial experience was only in Portugal but had a fantastic win ratio?

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Amorim is wanted by top clubs? Who have enquired for him? 

Garde was very highly rated, called Wengers protege so I have to disagree.

I’m not anti -Amorim but he’s a massive risk on such a small body of work, a high fee and we would be going for him based on mainly potential. We take plenty of risks and I’m not sure we always need to.  Gerrard was only coming to us before going to Liverpool and look how that worked out.  You can understand why I’m concerned.

He was considered for PSG, United and Chelsea jobs. I don’t recall Sherwood or Garde being linked to jobs like that.

We either get Amorim now, or we don’t get him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

It was like sacking the captain of the titanic and then judging his successor on his boat steering ability.

It was like giving an up and coming racing driver a McClaren F1 car but with the engine replaced by one from a 1l Fiat 500. Lewis Hamilton would win eff all with that!

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Regards Amorim and this inexperience talk, remind me again if this bloke Chelsea took a punt on in 2005? You know, the bloke who's managerial experience was only in Portugal but had a fantastic win ratio?

That guy had just won the CL with Porto tbf. He was the special one at that time.

14 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think Remi Garde got a rough deal. Terrible squsd, not allowed to strengthen in the jan window etc etc

Inherited one of the most toxic dressing rooms too. Gabby milks it to this day. 

He was built to fail. 

Thankfully we are in a much different place. 

• Like 2

Who ever we get, I want someone who isn’t a copycat manager, going with what “the big clubs are doing” I want someone who’s a fresh maverick who has new ideas that can set a new trend in world football. however, I also want a “steady eddy” that can stop the rot and refix us and solidify us in the league, and build from there.

my heart says maverick and my head says steady eddy

I think my heart is winning 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

I’ll admit I’ve not heard of Amorim. I am a little worried about his inexperience as we don’t want a repeat of the Gerrard experiment. The cost of release fee is surprising and obviously shows how thought of he is. Hopefully he can come in and get us with some attacking shape and philosophy.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He was considered for PSG, United and Chelsea jobs. I don’t recall Sherwood or Garde being linked to jobs like that.

We either get Amorim now, or we don’t get him

No he wasn’t considered for those jobs.  Potter was the only person Chelsea was interested in, Man U was basically Ten Hag despite the heavy rumours of Poch.  As for PSG I’m not so knowledgeable about them but wasn’t it always Galtier.  So he wasn’t considered, maybe the usual links to anybody and everybody that these job vacancies have.

As for Amorim, I tend to agree with you about getting him now or never because he’ll either be a roaring success and end up at Madrid or fade quickly into lower league European football.  Both are possible based on these very young inexperienced managers.

As I’ve said I’m not against getting him because he does sound good on his small body of work but let’s not over hype him, he’s a very big risk but maybe worth taking.  I’m still of the mind to be a bit more risk adverse though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

There’s more of a comparison with Gerrard and Garde than Amorim

Don’t really agree with this. Garde got the Villa job on how well he’d done with a big European club including Champions Laegue performances against big European clubs. He was being linked with the Arsenal job (for obvious reasons), and was the hipster flavour of the month when we got him.

Gerrard’s managerial reputation was propped up by his profile as a player. Garde’s reputation was only built on what he’d achieved as a manager.

There’s far more parallels between the Garde appointment and the potential Amorim appointment.

• Like 3