Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

can’t imagine Gerrard doing one of these

What was impressive with this? He spends a good 13 mins saying both teams played 4-2-3-1 and describing the game. Then they went slightly more direct in second half. At the end Liverpool threw in two tall strikers in Benteke and Origi, so they played more 4-4-2 and more defensively in the last minutes.

It gave me as much as when Thierry Henry stood in a suit in the Sky Sports studio explaining vividly the super intelligent tactics of playing a through ball behind the defence and having a striker run for it.

10 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What was impressive with this? He spends a good 13 mins saying both teams played 4-2-3-1 and describing the game. Then they went slightly more direct in second half. At the end Liverpool threw in two tall strikers in Benteke and Origi, so they played more 4-4-2 and more defensively in the last minutes.

It gave me as much as when Thierry Henry stood in a suit in the Sky Sports studio explaining vividly the super intelligent tactics of playing a through ball behind the defence and having a striker run for it.

Taking nothing away from Emery, as he done a fantastic job at Sevilla winning an historic 3 Europa Leagues in a row. A big part of there success though was the recruitment from Monchi. I suspect Lange would fall short in matching that, if Emery were to take charge of us.

30 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I’ve watched 11 months of Gerrard ball. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Taking nothing away from Emery, as he done a fantastic job at Sevilla winning an historic 3 Europa Leagues in a row. A big part of there success though was the recruitment from Monchi. I suspect Lange would fall short in matching that, if Emery were to take charge of us.

Did it with Villareal as well to be fair.  Their first ever top level trophy I believe. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Then we sign Monchi as well 😌

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I dont doubt that he is a top class manager, but the video says masterclass and when watching it, it’s nothing at all.

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I know how it feels... I think it’s only McLeish that I have disliked more. Or actually I didn’t dislike the person McLeish as much as I dislike Gerrard.

McLeish the person was perfectly fine just the totally wrong appointment. Gerrard is just a bellend. I’ve never truly disliked a manager like I dislike him.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

He won at Villarreal and got to the Champions League semi final with Premier League legends like Funes Mori, Danjuma, Capoue, Moreno, Coquelin and Aurier

He will be fine here

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The last couple of " Elite Clubs " which had vacancies, never went for Pochettino.

Yet Villa fans, and certain sections of the football world have created some sort of serious legend of Pochettino.

I love the summaries of the likes of Simon Jordan and Darren Bent.

I think the PSG job might have given some people, including the man him sense, an overblown delusion of grandeur.

I always footbote this by saying I do highly rate him, but he certainly isn't the legend people are making him out to be.

Either way, " serious persuasion " usually equals  or is offset by money whichever way you cut it, whether that be a salary, a transfer warchest, or whatever.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Why does anyone take this guy seriously?  He's in Austin, Texas...  Are we all so desperate for any sort of news that we'll believe any charlatan on Twitter now?