Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, daft said:

I mean I am not saying he is a poor manager by any stretch, but that is a bit laughable and over the top. But hey ho. It's a random list someone did. 😅

It’s a bit like someone doing a list of Greatest Prem Strikers ever and putting Ivan Toney and Callum Wilson in the top 50, I agree

• Haha 1

That Emery masterclass video shows how top tier Klopp is. That Liverpool lineup is average at best. Basically Rodgers side but he got them to a European final.

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

My favourite team to watch in the PL era. If we can land him it'll be the biggest signing the club has ever made imo. Would probably have us challenging for top 6 within 2 transfer windows.

@jim you can quote me on this in a year, if we get him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daft said:

I mean I am not saying he is a poor manager by any stretch, but that is a bit laughable and over the top. But hey ho. It's a random list someone did, and obviously subjective. I just laugh at it even though I really did cancel my sub. 😅

bizarre you didnt cancel last year when Gerrard and Southgate both made the top 20 but this was waht drew you over the edge

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

bizarre you didnt cancel last year when Gerrard and Southgate both made the top 20 but this was waht drew you over the edge

I didn't subscribe then. 😬 Butvto be fair, it wasn't solely this of course. 

In general, I've found their stuff to be a bit too shallow for my tastes. I like more analytical stuff. But overall they put together entertaining stuff, and this is obviously just a subjective list meant to be discussed, I get that. 

And Howe is a good manager. One day he might get to #1 in the world! 😅

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It looks like they were put in in September and just filed today so unlikely unfortunately

Even billionaires plan a little ahead when drawing £15.5m from the hole in the wall. They may even have told Purslow to sack him in September but he’s been a bit busy overseeing the changes to the menu in The Corner Flag before getting round to it. 

38 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That Emery masterclass video shows how top tier Klopp is. That Liverpool lineup is average at best. Basically Rodgers side but he got them to a European final.

That Liverpool side was good enough to get to a Europa final considering they were able to join half way through after being knocked out in the Champions League. Last years two finalists are evidence of the quality of the cup. I would argue it’s easier to win it than it is to qualify for it!

Keeping on topic, I’d welcome Emery with open arms.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa