Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

This may seem like semantics but - hiring a head coach is far more appealing than a manager. This is what you get when you hire a certain type of manager - no tactics, no plan, no clue. We become beholden to the back room team.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No doubt we have had a word with him.

He knows what happened to Parker, he wants the sack.

Odds are on its this man next for us.

I wouldn't be too sure. Not sure his own head is in the right place at the moment for us, he might also want a break himself before taking another job. Tbh watching Leicester it's hard to see who's worse out of us and them atm.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I wouldn't be too sure. Not sure his own head is in the right place at the moment for us, he might also want a break himself before taking another job. Tbh watching Leicester it's hard to see who's worse out of us and them atm.

He has been on the go without a break a good while now, could do with the break to refresh surely. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Looks unhappy. I would love to have him here but I respect other Villa fans who don't. 

Looks like he's had botox around his mouth. Either that or a mini-stroke. Either way he looks like he could do with a break.

Isn't it fairly unusual for managers to go straight from one PL club to another right away? It seemed odd when Deano went straight to Norwich after us. They normally take a few months off. Got to be an incredibly stressful job.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Looks unhappy. I would love to have him here but I respect other Villa fans who don't. 

I was reading up on what Leicester fans are saying about him. They seems to have the same issues with Rodgers as we have with Gerrard, strange team selections and wrong substitutions, but not to the degree that Gerrard do it. That makes me slightly worried, also he haven’t had a break since 2015/2016, not sure his mind is in a state where he should take up an other stressful managerial position without a break first.

I wouldn’t be as opposed to Rodgers like I was when Gerrard was appointed, but I would be happier with Pochettino or Potter.

Pochettino would show real intention that we want to be a top Premier League club, and we would be nice after Gerrard.

Potter would also show some intent, but not at the same level. Instead it would provide a degree of unknown excitement, you know it will be good, but not how good it will be. To get Potter is like mission impossible, if we managed to pull it off, the rest of England would be wondering how on earth did they manage to do that.

Since there is no chance we get Potter, he is my preferred option, you want what you cannot have.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

I was reading up on what Leicester fans are saying about him. They seems to have the same issues with Rodgers as we have with Gerrard, strange team selections and wrong substitutions, but not to the degree that Gerrard do it. That makes me slightly worried, also he haven’t had a break since 2015/2016, not sure his mind is in a state where he should take up an other stressful managerial position without a break first.

I wouldn’t be as opposed to Rodgers like I was when Gerrard was appointed, but I would be happier with Pochettino or Potter.

Pochettino would show real intention that we want to be a top Premier League club, and we would be nice after Gerrard.

Potter would also show some intent, but not at the same level. Instead it would provide a degree of unknown excitement, you know it will be good, but not how good it will be. To get Potter is like mission impossible, if we managed to pull it off, the rest of England would be wondering how on earth did they manage to do that.

Since there is no chance we get Potter, he is my preferred option, you want what you cannot have.

He has got them 5th two seasons in a row and a FA Cup. I would wet my pants if he could do something similar at Villa. Even a top 8 and a League Cup.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

It's almost as if fans in general have no **** clue about managing football clubs. Weird.

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Coronation%20Street

how about Marcelo Bielsa? Absolutely mental manager, but he definitely has an “identity” and gets his players working 

Murder ball at VP

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Coronation%20Street

how about Marcelo Bielsa? Absolutely mental manager, but he definitely has an “identity” and gets his players working 

At least we’d see some attacking football with him (probably concede double the goals mind).