Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

16 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Is Poch that great a manager? Did well at Southampton, achieved nothing at Spurs and was a flop at PSG

Most flop at PSG though as they cant win the Champions League. Tuchel, Ancelotti, Emery

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A word of caution in the midst of all this though 

Remember when we all chanted for Lambert? 🙃

Yeah, but we had McLeish 😂 

Aside from Lord Smith it’s been absolute shit for coming up to 2 decades

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's about ambition. Problem is that when CP hired gerrard, he genuinely believed he was getting a world class manager because of gerrards rep as a player. We are an ambitious club, i'm just concerned purslow doesnt know what ambition looks like

Purslow made a mistake but on the whole he's done very well in his role so far. Gerrard coming in has raised our profile and potentially allowed us to sign players we wouldn't have got without him here. 

If he acts swiftly now I'll have no hard feelings towards him. Mistakes were made and he was bringing in a manager that had just had an invincible season, albeit in Scotland. 

I'm confident Purslow, Lange and anyone else involved in picking the next manager will be switched on, hands on the pulse, looking at who the best person is that we can attract. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Is Poch that great a manager? Did well at Southampton, achieved nothing at Spurs and was a flop at PSG

He turned Spurs into one of the best sides in Europe. That he didn't win a trophy was unlucky. I think it was 3 cup finals including the CL and 6 semifinals.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That's rubbish though ain't it? He said he had interest in us and Blues equally. Not a passionate follower or anything.

Who genuinely gives a crap about any of that stuff though. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Spoony said:

More gettable if he is not as good as people think.

In all seriousness, if he came here and we still did not perform, you can then start to put it on the players. I doubt McGinn is a Poch player for a start!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

They throw a lot of shit. Some of it happens to stick. Let's hope that this is one piece that sticks. Also some random 'Repórter de futebol' has tweeted that we have approached Poch. The tweet is in Portuguese so that's enough for me to declare its legitimacy 😁

Praise to the lord let this be true. Translated.

Aston Villa made initial contacts with representatives of Mauricio Pochettino. They want to discuss a possible deal if Gerrard leaves during the international break. Many clubs are looking to the Argentine. Villa wants to move quickly

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Aston Villa made initial contacts with representatives of Mauricio Pochettino. They want to discuss a possible deal if Gerrard leaves during the international break. Many clubs are looking to the Argentine. Villa wants to move quickly

During the international break? Screw that, get him out now and bring in Poch!

• Like 2

Telegraph are reporting that Gerrard's postion isn't under immediate threat, so I think people should guard against getting their hopes up that he's going to be fired within the next few days. Probably after the Man City game at the earliest, and even then I'm not sure it will be that soon. Club are probably working on a potential replacement already but that can take a while in the background, some summer transfers can take months of negotiations and I imagine it's the same for some managers. 📞

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Here’s the follow up tweet.

Some at Villa want to support the manager after sacking a manager less than a year ago, but some want to act quickly to appoint Pochettino before he becomes unavailable. The next few weeks will be crucial for Gerrard