January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

25?! That's mental. I think I was 25 when we signed him, and I'm nearly dead now. 

In fairness he's had a tidy career for himself after he left us.  

Yeah, he’s done well enough at Luton I think, I was just surprised to see his name pop up and for him to still be so young. Like you I’m circling the drain, so I’m just jealous of his youth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, he’s done well enough at Luton I think, I was just surprised to see his name pop up and for him to still be so young. Like you I’m circling the drain, so I’m just jealous of his youth.

Yeah he was only 19-20 when he signed, people were forgetting that when we three him into the team and he didn't look great as it's a massive step up. We signed Jacob Bedeau in same window and he's faded down the leagues.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

Leeds and Leicester in for Tete (Lyon/Shaktar) on loan. Would be a good option for us perhaps?

I'm surprised we weren't linked at all given the type pf player we've been looking for. He's been great this season, right age profile etc.

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'm surprised we weren't linked at all given the type pf player we've been looking for. He's been great this season, right age profile etc.

His stats are on par with Mudryk when at Shakhtar, Tete scoring more whilst Mudryk assisting more. 

He is the type of player I’d hope we were looking at, Brazilian as well so would fit in nicely with Dougie and the gang. 

On 26/01/2023 at 09:57, Rolta said:

At least he was a centre back. It's weird, I have no memory of him except for the pocket post. Maybe I've blocked him out. Richards I can't manage to do that with.

With my tin hat at the ready, Lescott wasnt that bad for us and had a few good games, but was literally the only defender who didnt have "Alf Garnett word" status at the club that season.............. i remember, think it was Southampton away, and newcastle at home he was good, but literally had Guzan behind him, and okore with him - they were that bad they could make McGrath look shit.............. a shit era at the club made him look worse than he actually was

Micah Richards, what a disaster.......... firstly hes got knees made of shredded wheat - but if hed come in and just played right back, hed have been OK - never had the mental capacity to be a centre half at any level

• Like 1

I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if we don't get another wide forward in. 

If Ollie or Leon gets injured we are pretty much on to Duran who is totally unproven. 

Which would totally derail the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Admit it, you've always had a dirty browser.

But, I'll wager it's tame in comparison to my wife's dirty great growler.

Incognito mode, dude.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why are we not in for a better backup than Goalsen?

Just seen Randolph went to Bournemouth on a free yesterday, he is twice the keeper Olsen is, would have been a decent backup for Emi for 1-2 years.

That’s a position that makes so much more sense in the summer. We are out of both cups, so a backup isn’t really guaranteed much game time, if any at all. I’d expect it to be addressed next window when we would have many more options. 

I think its likely not much will happen as it would have happened by now, however its not uncommon for bigger deals to need a trigger and some one not coming in for some one may open the door so could still be last minute action.

Whats good to see is we are clearly aiming at a higher calibre of player. They are harder to persuade, especially in January. I would prefer to the club to aim higher and wait for the summer than squander money on pan B or C. I am sure we will get by, but the decision to deprive ourselves of senior players Sanson and Ings is a risk.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1